Too Many Emergency Teams?

Scaramedic

I was going to question the 33,000 number. Especially since there is the "we have" statement. I have not heard of a MCI that large in my life time. Where and was this event? If I slept through it or was during my college years, I apologize!!

Sarge

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...see we need each other. Like I said wouldn't it be easier to just combine IMERT, DMAT, MRC, FEMA, CDC and any other state groups out there. One source for dispatch, one source for protocols, one source for equipment, increased logistical support, and better communications on scene.

See, that would just make too much sense....... come on did you really expect that something like this could be done?? Someone likes their fat paycheck too much..... wouldn't ever let it happen. Much like here, the fire chiefs and their "kingdoms". They will fight to the death to keep from consolidating.

NREMT-Basic, you did not provide any factual information on what you can do over local hospitals and EMS in the event of an avian flu pandemic. I am trying to say this respectfully, but the only thing of any substance you described was "supportive care," which you did not even describe. I asked specifically what you can do over local EMS and hospitals. The more details you can provide, the better.

Only this time, when one too many farmers handles one too many dead chickens, or when the sea rises up to take out an entire coastline, there are 10s of thousands of people standing ready, listening for the sound of their pagers in the middle of the night. Sleeping with one eye open as it were. 10s of thousands of us watching that map I talked about just like I am now... But we just might be the firewall that stands between our own survival and that tsunami thats headed our way.

This quote reminds me of volunteer EMTs who are going to save us all.

PORK BARREL PROJECTS FOR ALL!

If you keep making the best observations you just might convince me that not all dispatchers have their heads up their butt. These groups are just that. They give a very false sense of security. They waste resources that could be better used locally on a day to day basis.

"Ill give ya thte equipment drugs and funding"

Thanks basic. If the drugs were distributed at the various stations based on number of people in area they would be given quicker than your group could organize and travel to my area. Been through education on administering these emergency magical drugs that you want to hoard in one location. What happens when the terrorist blow up your supply house, or a tornado blows it away. It is bad strategy to ever place all your resources in one location.

Thanks for the funds. Now I can staff more ambulances. Now when a disaster happens I have people that know the area here to start the process. And shortly those other services that received funds trucks and people start rolling in. So we stage them in safe places.

Also if you have ever read my posts you could see that I am with a paid department. But sadly as much as I disagree with volly services I think they would put the funds to better use than groups such as yours.

As you are new to your service I commend your falsely placed enthusiasm.

The original poster made a comment about the National Guard and the Reserves. I do not think the comparison is valid. The NAtional Guard and the Reserves are both paid, they are not Volunteer. When the time comes, they are ORDERED to duty, not just show up if they can.

They are trained the same as the Active Component. They go to the same basic training and meet the same basic training standards every year. In many training exercises they actually do better than Active Component units. I think this is due to the fact that many of their members spend their entire career working the same unit with the same people, not getting shuffled around like the AC, but I digress.

I just think comparing your team to the Guard and reserves is comparing apples and oranges!!

Sarge

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.