Too Many Emergency Teams?

Scaramedic

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, it's spelled "ayuh" :P

I will tell you though, I believe she is "from away", and not a "native mainah"

Well, in the great State of Vermont, where I hail from orginally, there definitely a "P" sound at the end. You could argue it was "Ay-yep", but never "ayuh", not unless its Jud Crandall in Pet Sematary, that is.

Well, in the great State of Vermont, where I hail from orginally, there definitely a "P" sound at the end. You could argue it was "Ay-yep", but never "ayuh", not unless its Jud Crandall in Pet Sematary, that is.

When my grandmother used to say it , it sounded like someone saying "a-yu" while breathing inward. When she really agreed with you she would say it four or five times in rapid succession leading the unsuspecting bystander to think she was having a breathing problem.

If you had said "as they say in Vermont" instead of "as they say in Maine" I would have had no problem with your comment.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.