EMT Allergies

Also try taking an antihistamine consistently... I've found that the drowsiness seems to drop off the more you use the medication. I find Claritin to be a godsend... benadryl to be naptime OR wired (depending on the time of day) and chlor-trimeton to be instant 4 hour sleep. You could also try adjusting the dose... taking half-doses throughout the day to buy you some relief... or taking 24 hour antihistamines, where you're sleepy for the first couple of hours and then fine thereafter. Lots of options!

As to the turpentine allergy... dayum! Never heard of someone reacting anaphylactically to airborne turpentine. That had to be scary! But at least now you know, right?

Wendy

CO EMT-B

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also have a major allergy, it seems to come from a group of specific patients though. They tend to be those involved in MVC's or drug OD's. Yeah, I am pretty sure I am allergic to bullshit. Does Claritin help with that? :lol:

You know I am surprised no one has posted yes I am allergic to EMT's :twisted: . OOOPPPSSS they have already. Oh well it was worth a repost.

As to turpentine allergy you need to use caution as you are very likely to be hypersensitive to all chemicals( MCS ).

Im allergic to paramedics......lol

Actually I already have chronic sinusitus so tahts a trip, but usually dust gets me all sniffly.

I also have a major allergy, it seems to come from a group of specific patients though. They tend to be those involved in MVC's or drug OD's. Yeah, I am pretty sure I am allergic to bullshit. Does Claritin help with that? :lol:

I'm not real sure if Claritin helps...but a 14 to the hand should certainly do it. :twisted:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.