Future EMT Classes

There have been several requests in the chatroom from people interested in taking an EMT class.

Please post classes you will be holding or know of here.

(admin, think we can get a new "folder" for classes and education opportunities?)

Thanks Bee

Our Hospital will be hosting one in January. Anyone interested can PM me, and I can get you the info. I'm from Missouri, and the class will be held in Bolivar.

• 2 months later...

The local community college does an EMT class every semester, depending on interest.

www.mohave.edu is their website. The classes should be listed under EMS, but I haven't looked in a while.

For anyone interested in a paramedic class, I am currently accepting applications for a class starting in Jan 2006. Send a PM or email, and I will get you the info.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

EMT Inc (pelham specialties) in Bloomington Indiana does an accelerated format for both EMT-B and Paramedics. The EMT B class is a 2 week continuous class, you meet everyday any where form 5 to 8 hours a day starting on a Sunday and the students take their National Registry practical skill examination on the 2 Saturdays after that. Clinicals are done during class time at local hospitals and ambulance services. We do one of these classes a month and they fill up pretty fast so if you are interested check out the website @ www.emtinc.net. I am not as knowledgable about the accelerated Paramedic program as we have only done 1 or 2 and I haven't been involved with any of them. There is info on the website though.

I took the basic class and thought it was fantastic, though I have been around EMS my whole life, it is a tradition in my family for someone from each generation to be an EMIT. I wouldn't recommend this class for anyone who has never had any background in medicine. The instructors are great, many of them have become "parents" to me and they are very conciencious of how they teach and who teaches.

If anyone of yall have heard of our program I would love to hear what you have to say!!