"Paramedic's save lives, EMT's save Paramedics"

On 10/07/2007 at 8:56 PM, 68WCmbatDoc said:

Most of you bicker on here like a bunch of children. The term isn't about catching mistakes. It's designed to state how the two should adapt to work together. Example. Working a code or serious trauma. Your a basic. You can intubate (well, they can here) and are capable when it comes to injury management. So while your securing the airway via Adv. Airway technique or what have you, the medic can be doing something more worthwhile to his skill level such as admin the required IV therapy. Basic can be controlling bleeding or continuing to manage airway while the medic monitors cardiac activity or admin's appropriate defib. Think outside the box. This debate is just stupid. Grow up.

Exactly. I was under the impression that this is how a call would go. As a Basic, I know I can at least suction (unless, you know, me being a worthless basic means you think I'm just gonna carry your shit...).

I know what I can and can't, should and shouldn't do. If we've worked together, you know what you can trust me to do and that I won't do anything I don't think I can. You know you can do the serious stuff and when you're done, I'll be done.

We're a team. I thought. This topic makes me question this, and I'm now left wondering how many partners are going to attempt to lord their position over me in an attempt to sate some superiority complex.

Edited by Gregregore

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.