Alberta College of Paramedics fee increase

Oh yea nice isnt it ?

But you can claim "penny for penny" association fees on taxes, what I love is the registration fees are due right when Christmas bills hit the fan....thats thinking about the membership too, try changing the buisness calender year end...now thats a positive step for the people that ACoP represents.

Thing is just look at the Salaries of Audio, Speech Patho, Dental Hygenists+++ this is very poor justification for the EMR/ EMT/ Paramedic that works part time.

BUT the thing that really gets mt GOAT is the crap that is "WE ARE THERE FOR YOU" ...really, I cant even get a straight answer from ACoP regarding records keeping for con ed. Now the CISM thang....Now thats entirely useless too, and the fine security measures to protect your records are a shameful, so where is the lesson plans, where does one make records and report presentations, in-services, mandatory courses +++++

Come on who has had real helpful cooperation from ACoP and notice once again the reference to HPA....ok then when then got a date yet ?

what I love is the registration fees are due right when Christmas bills hit the fan....thats thinking about the membership too, try changing the business calender year end...now thats a positive step for the people that ACoP represents.

As much as I understand what you're saying... I really don't think the time of year is something to make an issue out of. It's like rent, credit cards, tons of other bills and responsibilities...we all know it's there, when it's due... it really doesn't take much to plan for it.

BUT the thing that really gets mt GOAT is the crap that is "WE ARE THERE FOR YOU"

Ok...this I can kind of concur with. However for those that were in attendance at the last AGM this was something that WAS covered. I got the impression ACoP was looking to move away from representing US and instead focus on protecting the public. Fair enough (this is where WE need our own association now...like nurses, like teachers...).

At the end of the day though...those who attended know that the issues of the calendar year as well as the cost of registration were raised (amongst many others). If you came and voted then GOOD FOR YOU (and you must have seen me there)! But for everyone else... did you come? did you vote? if you were unable to attend, did you arrange for proxies? If you can't answer yes to at least one of those... well... then... your apathy towards the system in place is our profession's worst enemy. If you want change... if you want progress... it requires substantial effort, devotion and passion on your part.

For all the complaining about ACoP (which I do as well) ... it becomes meaningless noise when an AGM struggles to even achieve quorum. Step up, or shut up.

YES for 2 of the questions you ask....unfortunately my proxy carrier has gone under deep cover and did not get back to me on the issues..... I think that she too maybe headed our east for greener pastures? Toba you say? :shock: Could it be that there is movement afoot to sway the brightest and keenest away from alberta...I have heard roumers of this!

The point you make is good, but I have "heard of others" :roll: that have tried to motivate as well, yes of course become active in ones proffession if you want a future BUT there are many ways of acomplishing an objective, sometimes breaking a door down, sometimes political embaressment, sometimes just a gentle nudge.

So I ask why then was a quarum not present hmm I wonder ? And if it was not then WHY did proceeding continue ? A sneaky go for coffee Bylaw perhaps, I bet my bottom dollar that if more proxies were carried, truely representing the memberships will or perhaps this bylaw were repealed then there WOULD be an improved attendance in place, this I bet $$$!

Could it be that some past leaders of ACoP have failed to address issues important to the membership and focused on being Cops instead, regulation enforcement instead of advocacy?

One must look back in time we were an entirely independant organisation and YES an association with vigour and true passion. One must understand that prior to the government's intervention or more like making the rules then basically "severing" the arm off that body to distance themselves perhaps an economic escape clause under the guise of "self governance" ?

In order have "self governance" actually work there it is mandatory that an active and positive dialog is maintained...this I believe is why this College is recieving failing grades.

The fact that ACoP has really no modern means at hand to deal with or communicate with the membership on a routine basis, sorry but the: agree, disagree, or agree somewhat type of questions just do not address the issues and are very open to manipulation.

edit I suspect if the accounting types would listen to or be directed to change the calander year...this may be a very good start....well for those that are challenged by Christmas spending....oh those bean counters..... 8)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.