Epi in NJ

dahlio

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Other than your own prejudice, do you have anything to back that up?

Other than your reading comprehension problem, is there any reason that "I've seen it" doesn't sufficiently back it up?

It's got nothing to do with prejudice. But if I am prejudiced, it is because I have seen it, which makes it fact, upon which most prejudice is based.

WTF is so hard for you to understand about this? If you are not educated to fully and properly assess a patient's needs, you are not prepared to safely and competently provide advanced care to them without seriously compromising their safety. That's a fact that no amount of your whining can change. And if your kind spent half as much time studying as you do whining, you'd know that.

"My kind?" I'm not a Basic, but even if I was you can take your attitude and stow it.

I couldn't care less what you've seen. Dennis Kucinich saw a UFO, but I don't put much stock in that either. For someone who supposedly advocates Evidence-Based Medicine, you sure aren't providing much of it to back up what you spout off about.

"My kind?" I'm not a Basic, but even if I was you can take your attitude and stow it.

[re-reads previous post three times]Nope. Can't seem to find anywhere that I said you were a Basic. :?

I couldn't care less what you've seen. Dennis Kucinich saw a UFO, but I don't put much stock in that either.

LMAO.jpg

That's funny right there, I don't care who you are!

For someone who supposedly advocates Evidence-Based Medicine, you sure aren't providing much of it to back up what you spout off about.

Really? If and when you ever make it to your thirty-fifth year in EMS, you stop and think back on your experiences and ask yourself if you have any "evidence" to back up your beliefs. This is, of course, a moot point since you won't even get close to that mark.

With the amount of training EMT's receive, medication administration should not be within their scope of practice.

Some areas allow for Epi pen adminsitration, albuterol admin and NTG admin by BLS if the patient meets very specific criteria and/or are previously prescribed the medication or have a history of a certain illness etc.

These programs also add more training to the EMT's to cover these specific standing orders.

The problem is that the specific guidelines do not always fall into what the EMT may encounter. This is where higher education comes into play. It may not be all the time, but there will be times when the patient does not present like the book and cannot be treated with by the book protocols.

Yet some BLS crews will still treat with the medication because they can and may not see a bigger picture.

I don't have graphs or charts to back this up, but I have seen it and I have seen medics do it as well. It cannot be about being a "cookbook" EMS provider. We must think about the bigger picture when treating patients, especially with medications.

Training, education and experience is the key to proper patient care. Not just being allowed to do something.

If only we were all at one level - Paramedic. Then perhaps EMS could go forward instead of just spinning our wheels. But that is for another thread.

Take a listen to my Bledsoe interview.

http://ems-safety.com/audio.htm

Really? If and when you ever make it to your thirty-fifth year in EMS, you stop and think back on your experiences and ask yourself if you have any "evidence" to back up your beliefs.

So when I've been around awhile, I can say anything I want and the rest of EMS just has to swallow it like A-Rod swallows Jeter?

This is, of course, a moot point since you won't even get close to that mark.

You can predict the future too! This is getting good. *makes popcorn*

So when I've been around awhile, I can say anything I want and the rest of EMS just has to swallow it like A-Rod swallows Jeter?

I have no idea what that means, nor do I care. But the reason everybody here rolls their eyes at your every post is because you do say anything you want, and rarely does it ever make any sense. None of us are swallowing. We're just laughing.

• 2 weeks later...