Beware iof NEMSA!

1nama2them

THIS IS ANTI UNION IF YOU DONT LIKE THAT STOP READING

This is my OPINION if you want a union, go mine coal, shuffle cars in a rail yard, or whatever it is that laborer's do. The only union I ever belonged to was a total and complete waste of money (110.00 per month), If you want better pay get a better EDUCATION and learn to negotiate for yourself. Don't like it, to bad thats my OPINION.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only union I ever belonged to was a total and complete waste of money (110.00 per month)...

:shock:

Are you serious?

For those unionheads out there, what are your current dues? I've never paid a union due in my life. And I have very few friends who ever have either, so I honestly don't know what kind of money they are sucking out of people.

Yeah, the last Union I belonged to was Teamsters. Dues were 35.00/month and that was in 1982. I have know idea as to what they would be now.

Maybe I'm fortunate enough to work in a County based system. We don't have a union, do not desire one either. They take pretty good care of us. The renumeration is decent, benefits are adequate with a low co-pay, State pension and 401 contributions. I really have no idea what a Union could do for us other than create a tension filled work environment.

It is my opinion that Unions protect the lazy and incompetent and are more of a hinderance than a blessing.

GO UNIONS!!

My RNs friends and I are enjoying a 10 day paid vacation in SF during the CNA (nurse) strike. My RN friends are making almost $90/hr with 1.5x after 8 hours and 2x after 12 hours. We are in a beautiful hotel in downtown near the bay. Our flight and meals are paid for.

Do I have a problem being a "scab" by some union standards? NO! This strike is the 3rd for these nurses in less than a year and they are going to have another in 3 months. The strike is not about wages or benefits. They can not even say it is about working conditions since their nurse to patient ratio is protected in California statutes. It is about the hospital corp building a larger neuro/CVA center for acute intervention and rehab in a non union hospital. It is being built there because that is one of the few facilities that is retrofitted for earthquakes. It is not just to piss the union off. Luckily 50% of the RN didn't see this as a valid reason to walk out. The other 50% were led like sheep. Bless them because I needed a vacation in another state for awhile to appreciate Florida even more.

GO UNIONS!!

My RNs friends and I are enjoying a 10 day paid vacation in SF during the CNA (nurse) strike. My RN friends are making almost $90/hr with 1.5x after 8 hours and 2x after 12 hours. We are in a beautiful hotel in downtown near the bay. Our flight and meals are paid for.

Do I have a problem being a "scab" by some union standards? NO! This strike is the 3rd for these nurses in less than a year and they are going to have another in 3 months. The strike is not about wages or benefits. They can not even say it is about working conditions since their nurse to patient ratio is protected in California statutes. It is about the hospital corp building a larger neuro/CVA center for acute intervention and rehab in a non union hospital. It is being built there because that is one of the few facilities that is retrofitted for earthquakes. It is not just to piss the union off. Luckily 50% of the RN didn't see this as a valid reason to walk out. The other 50% were led like sheep. Bless them because I needed a vacation in another state for awhile to appreciate Florida even more.

MMMMM. fresh sourdough bread, See's and Ghirardelli chocolate!! My cholesterol would be 900mg/dl if I was there. :lol:

My cholesterol would be 900mg/dl if I was there. :D

I wouldn't be as worried about my cholesterol going up as my T-cell count going down. 8)

AMR only cares about making its shareholders happy.

I haven't read the entire thread yet... but I think this is norm for any private company mines included..... one of my favorite quotes at work which others have adopted as one is:

Love the job, hate the politics/company.

Something I have learned about Unions, they suck and take extra money from my paycheck to protect the lazy people.... Nothing annoys me more then working with morons who can't be fired because they are in the union.

AGAIN... haven't read the entire post but ditto here. People here have got fired for technical reasons but people that steal drugs, lie, and are incompetent keep their jobs.

Personal experience. My better half got fired for driving infractions. 1. hit a construction cone going code 3 and popped a side mirror out of the frame 2. hit a pickup truck tool box that fell off of a truck, and was in the middle of an unlit road in the middle of the night 3. hit a school sign in middle of road (no damage) *admits this one was his fault* 4. a dispatcher called our supervisor on her way to work saying she "thought" he was driving too fast on the freeway with flashing lights periodically to move people (city gps said he was going what was legal - our gps said he was anywhere from 12 to 25 over, really reliant!) and the dispatcher also works as a emt in a rural area where 20 over for BS calls is understating speeds!

Then we have the others, a medic whom I have personally seen use asthma meds out of the drug box and has never been disciplined, lies continuously, makes false accusations continuously about others ie writing FIRS to management about BS and is an extremely incompetent medic but yet they still have a job.

I do appreciate our union and what they do try to do. But in most cases its not something you could not have done yourself. I have no idea wether they vigorously defended my better half or not because he was never informed of anything after he was suspended from driving. They allowed him to continue to work for 4 months without driving status then out of the blue got fired for being a "liability" (self insured service). Not once did the union inform him of what was going on nor was he ever privy to any meetings he was the subject of - which to me was BS.

OK done with rant.... (not in a good mood to begin with lol)

Just my opinion on unions...............

:shock:

Are you serious?

For those unionheads out there, what are your current dues? I've never paid a union due in my life. And I have very few friends who ever have either, so I honestly don't know what kind of money they are sucking out of people.

Yup very serious Dust, UTU (United Transportation Union), Burning the money would have had the same outcome. Never ever as long as I live will I ever again be associated with a union!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.