Basics and Intermediates ONLY No more BLS 911 ambulances?

spenac

JPINFV i agree. We are all here to help people, no matter your cert.

And the best way to ensure proper care is to have 2 people that can do more than put a bandaid on a booboo. With 2 paramedics there is always somebody that can take over or help when the need arises.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3. experience - I wish I had the education prior to getting all the experience I've gotten. It would have been less stressful and would have been better for all the patients I have learned on.

The rest of the argument could lever off of this single statement.

Normally spenac I try to make both sides of the argument in my head...I can actually see both sides here, even though I strongly believe in the two medic trucks. This statement though, pretty much neuters any argument I can think of for a dual level truck that doesn't involve money...

In my mind, until this issue is resolved, it's now a one dog fight...

Good job man!

Dwayne

The rest of the argument could lever off of this single statement.

Normally spenac I try to make both sides of the argument in my head...I can actually see both sides here, even though I strongly believe in the two medic trucks. This statement though, pretty much neuters any argument I can think of for a dual level truck that doesn't involve money...

In my mind, until this issue is resolved, it's now a one dog fight...

Good job man!

Dwayne

Holy crap I got a complement on a statement. What do I do now? :wink: Thanks

personally (its the only system ive been in) is one that the medic is in a chase car and can respond with the ambulance and transport with the patient or let the basics handle it

We are all here to help people, no matter your cert.

I disagree. Anybody who thinks that 120 hours of first aid is all they need to "help people" isn't in it to help people. They're in it for themselves, as most all volunteers are.

Anybody who is truly in it to help people will do whatever it takes in order to be prepared to give people the best help available, not just the minimum they can get by with by law. Simply put, if you have not committed yourself to a full paramedic education, then you aren't serious enough about helping people for me, and I don't want you on my ambulance.

personally (its the only system ive been in) is one that the medic is in a chase car and can respond with the ambulance and transport with the patient or let the basics handle it

And a shitty system it is.

If all trucks were staffed ALS no need to be sending vehicles all over.

Actually the reason the system works is they have a limited number of VERY highly educated ALS providers taking actual ALS patients, resulting in highly experienced providers, instead of a few hundred mediocre medics that might see an ALS patient once or twice a shift. Boston operates on the same concept.

Don't take my word for it (since I'm not advocating 100% ALS, I already know you won't). Talk to some Medic 1 people yourself.

Actually the reason the system works is they have a limited number of VERY highly educated ALS providers taking actual ALS patients, resulting in highly experienced providers, instead of a few hundred mediocre medics that might see an ALS patient once or twice a shift. Boston operates on the same concept.

Don't take my word for it (since I'm not advocating 100% ALS, I already know you won't). Talk to some Medic 1 people yourself.

I will need to find some unbiased studies. Honestly I have not heard much about Seattle, but Boston I have heard much bad about. But I will try when get a chance and find some studies not funded by the citys, if you know of such please paste some links.

In my opinion still seems resources could be better used.

Definately talk to a Medic-1 Paramedic................They never hesitate to tell you how good they are! :lol: I don't know though, I'm thinking that neither of them (especially not Boston!) are really good examples of an efficient system. King County has had way too many problems with their tiered service. Their "we only transport true ALS calls" mentality has bit them in the ass before.........

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.