In Your Opinion, What Is Holding USA EMS Back?

spenac

In Illinois, I think a couple of major things hold back EMS.

Continuing Education- Nurses in IL and many other states renew their licenses yearly and require no.. I REPEAT NO continuing Education, and they are in an ever changing field just as much as EMS.

EMS requires 120 Hours every 4 years. That is 3 weeks of training. It becomes hard to come up with it for the volunteer, or those who work full time jobs and leave EMS. I think there has to be a better way. I don't get it out a nurse shouldn't have to have it, but doctors, and EMS have too, heck even some levels of first responder have to. (FR-D)

Wow, I'm not sure I get your points here. :?

EMS is being held back by requiring too much education? That's a unique opinion! So you believe that the initial three weeks of monkey training is all that we should ever need?

And at first you complain that too much education drives vollies out of the field, but then you complain that vollies are detrimental to the field. That seems to be two contradictory viewpoints.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I'm not sure I get your points here. :?

EMS is being held back by requiring too much education? That's a unique opinion! So you believe that the initial three weeks of monkey training is all that we should ever need?

And at first you complain that too much education drives vollies out of the field, but then you complain that vollies are detrimental to the field. That seems to be two contradictory viewpoints.

I knew there was a reason that I avoided this place... Arrogant nose pickers that have to pick on everything someone says...... ALright go play in the politics now Hillary.

I will be avoiding this site and making sure everyone knows the way users are treated.

1. Volunteer Providers might find it difficult to juggle a full time job and training

2. Funding for EMS is lacking normally without taxes

3. Get a live and quit making EMS look bad, you must be a FF jerk

I knew there was a reason that I avoided this place... Arrogant nose pickers that have to pick on everything someone says...... ALright go play in the politics now Hillary.

I will be avoiding this site and making sure everyone knows the way users are treated.

Wait, you're angry, offended, and running away because someone contested something you wrote!?!?

Dude, re-read what DustDevil wrote...it totally makes sense. He didn't even say anything about you or treat you in anyway? He just replied that he was confused about your points. what the heck...

And interesting you're calling FF's jerks, yet you have a fire link on your signature. (And btw, you're so off base, it's embarrassing to correct you on the FF thing with DustDevil)

I guess the first post on this topic........ doesn't apply any longer? "Please don't bash anyone for their opinion"

And interesting you're calling FF's jerks, yet you have a fire link on your signature. (And btw, you're so off base, it's embarrassing to correct you on the FF thing with DustDevil)

There is a difference between saying can you re-state your comments and saying... Wait you are saying that there is too much education, and then saying Volunteers are important.

There is a difference between saying can you re-state your comments and saying... Wait you are saying that there is too much education, and then saying Volunteers are important.
But if that's what it sounds like you're saying, shouldn't he address that (the thing that's confusing him and us). He had already said right off the bad he wasn't sure he was understanding you.

I guess the first post on this topic........ doesn't apply any longer? "Please don't bash anyone for their opinion"

Nobody bashed you for your opinion. I still have some faith that I might even agree with your opinion, if I could understand what it was. You were bashed for the following:

• 1. Not making your opinion clear. We don't understand it enough to bash it. Your post was contradictory and made no sense.

2. Making personal attacks on me without having the slightest provocation or clue. Does anything in my profile or signature say anything about being a firemonkey?

3. Threatening to run like a little girl when somebody asked you to simply clarify your points enough for us to understand them.

• You're not going to break my heart if you leave. I could not care less. We already have more losers than we need here. But you'll be a better man -- and possibly a better provider -- if you stay.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.