Males verses Females

AprilPretty07

In my urban service with about 500 employees, I'd say its a 60/40 split of men to women respectively. I've never had any issue with the women I've worked with, they are just as competent as any of the men.

I say that if you can't get your 500-lbs patient into the truck with your crew, then you need more men

And those men are called Fire Fighters, call them on the radio and they come in a big red truck, eager to lift something.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my urban service with about 500 employees, I'd say its a 60/40 split of men to women respectively. I've never had any issue with the women I've worked with, they are just as competent as any of the men.

And those men are called Fire Fighters, call them on the radio and they come in a big red truck, eager to lift something.

Yes, us firefighters will come and help you but if you call for my town it won't be in a big red truck it will be in a white and green truck and not all are there just to lift something some are there to help you weak EMT's save a life because if it wasn't for us you wouldn't be able to fully save the persons life if the pt weighed over 500 LBS

...some are there to help you weak EMT's save a life because if it wasn't for us you wouldn't be able to fully save the persons life if the pt weighed over 500 LBS

I could respond but why.

I think it's time to work off some of that anger little one. I suggest you go roll some hose, wash and shine the truck, put some more FD decals on your POV and then masturbate over a picture of that new Mack you want your department to buy.

Shoot I did respond. Damnit.

Peace,

Marty

I thought about not responding either Marty, but it was so damn easy. :lol:

In the EMS room at the hospital we frequent, there is a picture from one of those Fire calendars. There is one of those balloon captions on it saying, " I'm not too bright, but I sure can lift alot".

I could respond but why.

I think it's time to work off some of that anger little one. I suggest you go roll some hose, wash and shine the truck, put some more FD decals on your POV and then masturbate over a picture of that new Mack you want your department to buy.

Shoot I did respond. Damnit.

Peace,

Marty

:lol::lol::lol: Okay Mr. fireman, your my hero. Does that make you feel better now? :lol:

This makes me want to do a post about men vs women in EMS regarding physical capabilities. But I'm sure it's in here somewhere! What would I search under?

I have been out of active EMS for two years, but when I was in there it was mostly guys. Alot of young guys biding their time as EMT or medics while waiting to get into the local FD. In fact I can't remember any of the female coworkers I had because there were so few of them. That is changing though, I'm sure of it.

I think women are an incredible asset to EMS. They bring some good things to the table. But I also think they tend to get defensive and claim they can do everything the male EMS workers can do physically. Which is just not true, IMO.

I'll save the rest for when I find this topic somewhere. :D

Anna, I don't know how long you were in EMS before leaving, but it looks to me like you learned quite a bit, and retained it too.

Good luck to you. :thumbright:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.