Question from class

Icecuban

Hey,

I'm currently in a EMT course to become an EMT-B right now and today we were going A&P and one of my class mates brought up a good question.. We were talking about how the skin was the largest system of the body... and my class mate asked "wouldn't the muscular system be the largest?" I was wounder what you all thought. I would go with him..

If you go with him, you would be wrong.

The skin is the largest organsystem of the body.

Stretched out it would be freaking huge.

Just look around you and ask yourself this question...What is it that encapsulates all the body systems? The Answer: Your skin!!

Not that it's necessary, but I'll co-sign what AK said. The skin is the largest "organ" of the human body. Oddly enough, EMT classes are teaching that it's a "system" now, just like circulatory and endocrine. I found that odd when I first heard about it, but it's very true.

Kudo's for asking questions from class!

Good link jmac.

The skin is just a part of the integumentary system. By itself it may not be all that big, but with all the pieces of the system, it is huge.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.