How do you feel about NEMSA?

So where I work we are considering kicking out our current union and getting NEMSA to be our new union. And before anyone says "use the search button" I did. I want to know what people think about NEMSA. Have they kept there promises? Are they still active like they were when they came in. Do they keep you informed? Our union doesn't seem to like to communicate with us, we have a bulletin board with spider webs on it. And union delegates who are clearly in more favor with the organizer than others. they get 100% of her attention and she does what ever they say. So opinions and experiences on NEMSA would be of great help. I did read some old posts but i want to see if any opinions have changed :-k

We just voted them in recently (AMR east coast) w/a pending strike due to their contract being shut down, AMR folded at crunch time, got us a lil more money and few other perks..so all in all ... a little rough ride at first thinking I was going to be out of a Job (19 years in EMS) but it's all good now.

As a UK medic who is USA bound I read with interest the progress made in the North East, a 14% pay rise is stunning.

I'll certainly be signing up upon my arrival. :lol:

Since it was spread out over the course of the contract, all it amounted to was a COLA increase.

But, considering the final offer previously was a pay cut, there is something to be said for small victories.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.