"There is no money for training..."

CoyoteMedic

I definitely agree that it is a management problem which does seem to follow government agencies. I look at the difference between the two services I work for:

City owned - paid volunteer with minimal CE. The only positive - we are actually scheduled to work shifts to avoid staff overflow on calls.

City owned but hospital based - paid service with many CE. Great learning experiences on the truck also. The medics are great about explaining treatments and conditions. I have learned more in the last six months there that two years at my other job where I do primary care. The only downfall - they run medic/emt trucks but allow medics to fill emt slots. Then they end up with lots of medic slots that didn't get filled and emts wanting shifts but can't take them. Pushed me to work towards my medic degree.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.