"There is no money for training..."

CoyoteMedic

Sounds like your company is being hung out to dry by the county, unless I misinterpereted, which is common for a county to pick up the lowest bidder and complain about it later. :roll:

Good on you for wanting to stay for the betterment your home. However, I'd keep my resume updated for the new company if I were you as a CYA.

How many of your coworkers share your concerns?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like your company is being hung out to dry by the county, unless I misinterpereted, which is common for a county to pick up the lowest bidder and complain about it later. :roll:

Ah! A man who has been around long enough to know how things really work! :lol:

But a good first step would be to replace all of the EMTs with paramedics, in order to establish a field-level check-and-balance system that currently does not exist. Not only would it allow professional oversight on the scene, but it would prevent the further deterioration of the paramedics' attitudes that is sure to occur now that they will be forced to tend to every patient without a break.

So Dust- by saying that replacing all EMTs with Medics (which was recently done by a service in my hometown and the screw up rate has sky rocketed) are you saying that its the EMTs that are the problem or if you eliminate them you can tell if its really the medics that dont know what they are doing? Or both?

Nah, Basics are certainly not the problem. Well, they are a problem, but they are not the problem. :lol:

I am saying that, without dual medics, you have no effective system of checks and balances at the field level, and you have medics being overworked, leading to more errors.

I'm not really saying that basics are a problem. I am saying that more medics are a solution.

((I am also curious about your agency medical director, why is he allowing this to go on???????))

Well, there are two medical directors. One for the county, I have no clue what is going on with him, and a second for the company, who has upteen thousand medics and EMTs working under him. Go figure.

((Coyote, who is in charge of hiring at your agency? Is it a typical Human Resources type setup?

yes, typical human resources type setup. used to be corp hiring, now its done on the local level.

as for running duel medic, its not going to happen. It costs to much. All I have to do is point ot the comment about the lowest bidder. This company is making money hand over fist, but its all going to the big bosses, nothing going to the field emp, even for training. Someone was telling me the other week that for bonuses last year the top 50 managers or something like that got a combined 25 million dollar bonus.

Some might say the tthe title is missleading, but when you have people out there that do not know what they are doing, and you are doing nothing to educate ore remidate them because you claim there is no money only puts the public at risk. thats the sad part.

This company is making money hand over fist, but its all going to the big bosses, nothing going to the field emp, even for training. Someone was telling me the other week that for bonuses last year the top 50 managers or something like that got a combined 25 million dollar bonus.

LOL! Years back, my best friend was working for a private service, and the owner had called an all-hands meeting at headquarters. The ambulances were parked outside, and everybody was assembled in the empty ambulance bays with the owner standing up in front of them and telling them how disappointed he was that he was not going to be able to afford the raises everybody had been looking forward to. Suddenly, during this speech, everybody started laughing at him. He couldn't figure out why until he turned around and looked behind him. A truck had pulled up out front to deliver his big new boat.

LOL! Years back, my best friend was working for a private service, and the owner had called an all-hands meeting at headquarters. The ambulances were parked outside, and everybody was assembled in the empty ambulance bays with the owner standing up in front of them and telling them how disappointed he was that he was not going to be able to afford the raises everybody had been looking forward to. Suddenly, during this speech, everybody started laughing at him. He couldn't figure out why until he turned around and looked behind him. A truck had pulled up out front to deliver his big new boat.

Did they hang him from a maple or an oak?

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.