What type of apparatus do you ride?

boeingb13

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yer the landcruisers are quite cramped...i've never worked in one thank god!!! But there's not too many of them around either. They are generally only stationed near beaches where the paramedics may be required to drive onto the beach and I think also in some outback/rural towns.

Yer the landcruisers are quite cramped...i've never worked in one thank god!!! But there's not too many of them around either. They are generally only stationed near beaches where the paramedics may be required to drive onto the beach and I think also in some outback/rural towns.

Is it comarable in size to a full size SUV we have in the states, or does the picture just make it look smaller?

That is similar to what we had for fast response car at a place I used to work. It was a Jeep though. Minus the stretcher, it was pretty much the same, but there was space and brackets with straps for a backboard. We used it if the BLS was busy and only a medic left at station, or in bad weather.

Dunno if they have one;)

We definitly do not.

When you understand the reason that made them made this it seems pretty clever:

They needed an First Responder vehicle for their EMT's and Docs that provide the healthcare service for the factory.

They had trainees in the factory that every year make an "special porsche project". So they had the car for free.

And they wanted a car that could transport a non critical person on a stretcher (for example to bring a small wound to the doc), an real ambulance wasn't needed an wouldn't be handy cause it would get inside the factory halls.

For everything "real urgent" they are required to call the regular cities EMS by law.

So even this sounds like an mad idea, they had pretty clever reasons for it.

But still: Cool looking car:D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.