What type of apparatus do you ride?

boeingb13

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ambulances for the fire departments of Lommel, Heusden-Zolder en Bree where official delivered on 29/02/2008.

Here are some pictures of the ceremony and some pictures of the new ambulance four our department..

Ambulance Mercedes Sprinter 515 CDI

Ambulance box by WAS

Lights & siren: CODE 3 LED en Siren + Martin Hoorn air siren (german)

Lommel727001.jpg

Lommel7270011.jpg

Lommel7270012.jpg

Lommel7270013.jpg

Lommel7270014.jpg

Lommel7270015.jpg

Lommel7270016.jpg

Lommel7270017.jpg

Lommel7270018.jpg

ffemt19

• 3 weeks later...

We are using Type 3 Horton Model 553 mounted on E450 chassis. We have a couple of Type 3 Braun units that have now been retired to the reserve fleet. For the most part we like the Horton's. If you want to take a look of them, they are on our site: www.delcoems.org . On a side note, I went to the Horton factory and saw a couple of the new FDNY rigs being built there. I believe they were built on the F-450 chassis. They looked pretty sharp.

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

The service I work for runs a fleet of Crestline "New Era" type III's built on E350's. Currently we're in the process of switching over to GM chassis (still Crestlines) due to Fords failure to offer a diesel van chassis. There are a few 4x4 type I's built on F350's but they number less than 10 in the whole province. Having used one of the 4x4's and actually needing the 4x4, I can honestly say they are an interesting experience.

Well...We ride the Mercedes Benz Sprinters... We had an Ford years ago, also get known to them in the middle east...But still I'm a Sprinter-Fan.

Nothing compares to an 4W Sprinter with an big engine (forexample. 518 CDI)...

We currently use W.A.S. Boxes, but there are a lot of good other manufacturers...Fahrtec, Profile, etc....

(Pictures of our Ambulances can be seen here:

http://www.emtcity.com/index.php?showtopic...5&start=25)

• 4 weeks later...

Here in QLD, Aus, we currently run 4 types of ambulances. The oldest ones are the F250/350 with box which have only a small window between the cab and rear. Some have two stretchers while others have just the single stretcher and the stretchers are from Ferno. These are no longer been brought by QAS apparently something to do with them not meeting Australian emission standards. Here's a picture:

1461271550_e9d5970e7b_m.jpg

The QAS then moved on to the older Mercedes Sprinters. All that I have seen have only the 1 (Ferno) stretcher. Currently there are still quite a few of the older versions running around such as this one:

merc.jpg

We also run landcruisers such as this one below just with different markings (this is a victorian one). Single stretcher:

2004-toyota-Troopcarrier--R.jpg

Our latest addition to the fleet are the new Mercedes Sprinters which have one stretcher (Stryker):

Ambulance%20Class%201%20Emergency%20Response.JPG

2956013550101388282xcPoiK_ph.jpg

2005-Mercedes-316-Sprinter-.jpg

r215655_838072.jpg

The interior shot above is from a victorian ambulance but is very similar to our layout. We carry one stryker stretcher with a frontward facing patient care seat and a rearward facing seat behind the patients head. Next to the rearward facing seat is an airway kit mounted on the wall with LMAs, OPs, etc in it. When you open the left hand (passenger) sliding door there is a shelving system where our response kit, LP12, o2 kit, airway kit, vac splints and stryker stair chair is kept. There is also access to the rear of the ambulance through this door. Opening the right hand (drivers side) sliding door you will find 2xD size o2 cylinders which is what we run off while in the ambulance and 2xC size o2 cylinders for when our response o2 kit runs out. In the rear in front of the frontward facing seat are a set of draws which contain all our cannulation equipment. On top of these draws are a bracket for our LP12 to sit in when we need the patient hooked up to it. Also on the left of this seat is a fridge where fluids and water are kept. Along both sides of the ambulance up top near the roof are clear storage compartments where o2 masks, bandages, burn stuff, maternity kits, etc are kept. All drugs are carried in our response kit and one paramedic within the crew carries the morphine either in their pocket or in a pouch on their belt. Other equipment we carry on our trucks include things like donway's, cardboard splints, NIEJ/KED, spine board, scoop stretcher, spare collars, SAM splints, basic first aid stuff.

Officers in Charge of each station have a station wagon or sedan while on duty and Intensive Care Paramedics often also work as a single officer out of a station wagon however, there are some 2 man ICP ambulances around.

I haven't personally driven one of the new mercedes yet but they are comfortable to work out of. I have however, driven an F series and an older sprinter. In this comparison I think the older sprinter is easier to drive and more responsive however, I like the fact the F series has more guts to it but it is definitely hard to manouvere. In regards to interior, the new mercedes are awesome as the front and rear are fully open thus allowing a qualified paramedic to mentor their student (if the student's treating and qualified driving). This was probably the biggest downfall of the F series, you simply cannot hear nor see from the back into the cab and vice versa. However, I personally feel the F series were a bit roomier in the back but I still feel the new mercedes are big enough. Overall I don't mind working out of either but would probably have to say i'm starting to like the new mercedes better. My station doesn't have any older version mercedes but the couple of times i've been in them i'm wasn't the biggest fan and I also think they're quite ugly.

So after a mile long post there you have it :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.