Ski Patrol Top Shack

I have done ski patrol in the past, but unfortunatly is has been 2years since I have even been to the slopes. Maybe try to get back into it again this year.

www.skibluemt.com is where I usually go. There are numerouns slopes around... but nothing compared to you western Rocky Mt folk.... anywho... good luck all, be safe out there

ps hh.... J does ski patrol as well

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hammer-

I PM'd you the link. Also note, with the setup on here for the youtube embedding, it automagically puts a link right below the embedded clip.

Here's another site you might be interested in, being an avid outdoorsman:

www.steepandcheap.com

I've found lots of neat things there, including skis that are probably cheaper than you could get pro-form.

-skibum

• 2 months later...

In an effort to reincarnate this thread (as discussed earlier)...

How's the ski season shaping up around the northern hemisphere?

Personally, here in lower NY State, my mountain opened the weekend of Nov 17 with conditions much better than anticipated. And opening day we had a major accident with numerous fractures and head injuries (snowboarder vs. tree). But for the most part it's looking like a pretty promising ski season.

Ski safe.

-skibum

:santa: Things here are just getting started. Our hill (Lookout Pass at the North Idaho/Montana border) opened last Thursday with about two feet on top and less at the bottom. Lots of stuff still showing. They got a big dump this week though (51 inches) and more on the way this weekend. Paul patrolled for the opening day and he said they had a good turnout with no major accidents. New lift still needs chairs. The other resorts plan to open this weekend.

I finished my OEC course first part of November with a 97 on the written (one of the questions I missed even the instructor got wrong???)and I am now looking forward to the on the hill stuff! Wish me luck. We will be going at least once a week to take our oldest up so he can teach snowboarding and so I can get my training in! I can hardly wait to try out the new skis I got at swap! (Thanks hammerhead!) [/font:382df2e969]

You're welcome - but you already knew that :|

Good day yesterday - no major boo-boos, just a couple snowmobile courtesy rides, blue sky, sunshine, happy people. Had to tell a couple snowboarders to slow down, but that's nothing new. The new skis rock! The top shack remodel is all but complete - twice as big, and a deck out back!

Gonna be a good season... ski safe!

Cheers!

Like he said, good snow last weekend with more on the ground this week. Had my first patient - something relatively uncomplicated for me to get started with. A hand caught in a chair lift. A simple splint, elevate and ice. Not sure if it ended up being broken, looked really sore and badly bruised with decreased mobility. Hill Medical advisor ended up being the pt's doctor as well - convenient!

Got to try out my new Atomics. Sweeeet!

We're headed up again on Friday. Between now and then we get to deal with the 16 year old taking the drive test - oh boy! [/font:0aea92b812]

• 1 month later...

OK... with 18000+ members on board, surely there has to be more than a handful of ski-patrol types here... granted, I haven't posted in awhile either, but I've been busy.. SKIING! :)

Season has been awesome so far. Great snow, lots of it, lots of happy people (700 more season passes sold vs. last year!) Terrain accessible from new 3rd chairlift is steep, deep, and getting rave reviews! It's going to be a challenge to get a sled down a couple of them.

Only a couple 'major' injuries so far this year that I'm aware of. One anterior hip fx/dislocation, and a (verified later) unstable c-spine fracture.

OK... somebody else's turn - let's keep it going! (you too, mrs. HH!) :love2:

Cheers!

Paul

http://www.skilookout.com

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.