the ultimate throwaway baby - makes me sick

Sorry if I mislead anyone, I was not talking about abortion. I am referring to mothers that deliver their babies and then kill them. And yes, it may have happened, but I bet it wasn't very often. Unfortunately, I wasn't alive back then so I don't have the statistics. Tolerance has always been a problem in society, regardless of what act we are talking about.[/quote

No misleading. My response applied to killing babies either after delivery or before delivery, all the same.

As for your last sentence...tolerance is a problem?? I thought maybe a lack of tolerance is more of an issue than anything. Lack of tolerance creates more problems :wink:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

katbemeEMT-B, no need to be sorry. Your feelings are common and I'm afraid that as long as you deal with what 'seems to be' instead of what is there is little we can do to change them.

For example “The courts are willing to plea bargain and give her a cake walk of a sentence if any at all." Where have you seen this? I'd love to see the cases where this is happening, could you reference them for us? It's not my intention to discredit you, but to attempt to convince you that hearsay is not data. It's hysterics.

Also, "I am tired of ALL criminals getting off because they weren't in their right mind." Surely you don't believe that. It's difficult to have these discussions when you speak in generalities and don't say what you actually mean. And if in fact you do believe that ALL criminals get off..then I'm not sure I have the tools to make a dent in your thinking.

Also, these types of discussions are a great example of why education outside of your chosen field of study is important. It difficult to explain my point for two reasons. First, it's evident that you have no background in psychology, behavioral psychology specifically. Second, most of your arguments come straight from the nightly news...It's tough to have a debate when you seem unwilling to step outside of the diatribe used by most unthinking folks. Hearsay is not data.

I apologize if this sounds rude. My intention is to be clear, not unkind. From your many posts I have come to believe that you are a kind, smart and good, person and mother. You just seem to be towing the company line on this issue and the company is turning out defective wigits.

I'm truly not on the attack here. I'm afraid I don't have many posters' knack for saying what I mean in a smoother more elegant way. My intention is to try and get us on the same page, as I'd like to continue this discussion with you, but I'm not sure how to do that exactly.

Also, though your reply to what you said was my post was very thorough, I don't believe it really addressed any of the major points from my post.

I appreciate you thoughts and look forward to your replies!

Dwayne

"As events in wartime have clearly shown, our mentality is distinguished by the shameless naïveté with which we judge our enemy, and in the judgment we pronounce upon him we unwittingly reveal our own defects: we simply accuse our enemy of our own unadmitted faults. We see everything in the other, we criticize and condemn the other, we even want to improve and educate the other." ~ C.G. Jung

Just food for thought. :-k

"As events in wartime have clearly shown, our mentality is distinguished by the shameless naïveté with which we judge our enemy, and in the judgment we pronounce upon him we unwittingly reveal our own defects: ...~ C.G. Jung

Man, that will keep me fed for a while. It seems like I was trying to say something like the partial quote above...it just doesn't have the same impact in 86,000 words with typos and misspellings...

Pretty cool contribution...thanks!

Dwayne

"As events in wartime have clearly shown, our mentality is distinguished by the shameless naïveté with which we judge our enemy, and in the judgment we pronounce upon him we unwittingly reveal our own defects: we simply accuse our enemy of our own unadmitted faults. We see everything in the other, we criticize and condemn the other, we even want to improve and educate the other." ~ C.G. Jung

Point made Micheal. :):):):):)

As long as I am digging myself a hole here I figure why stop now? Adoption is something I just don’t get. Why would you want the offspring of someone who cannot care for their offspring? According to me in the vast majority of cases a failure to be able to care for your offspring indicates a failure in life and therefore more then likely a failure in genetics ,biology and environment. Also, how healthy do you think a baby is going to be that has been incubated by someone who doesn’t want it. Why would I quit smoking and drugs and take my folic acid and maternal vitamins to ensure the health of a being that I don’t want and don’t want to raise? The motivation is much less. Anyhoo, I have good genes and functioning reproductive organs and am willing to provide you with offspring for a price. :twisted:

It is a good thing we are allowed to have our own opinions.....

Adoption is 1 answer..... not THE answer..... and I would argue that not all children born out of wedlock are "shallow gene pool" swimmers... there are a number of reasons why someone would put a child up for adoption..... now with this lady that the original post was about..... I would suspect that there was no lifeguard at her gene pool....and her child got the watered down version of that..... but lumping in every child that is put up for adoption into the same category is incredible stereotyping as well..... to try to understand the people who are in this situation, like Dwayne said, we have to look for other answers and other options as well.

And the comment "I can provide you with offspring for a price" comment - although said in jest..... I found offensive.... your complete disregard for the struggles of people who wish to provide a home for a child and can't is disappointing, when you are in a field where compassion, or at least empathy, should be part of your character.

But I digress....... the woman in the original post, obviously had more problems that what appears on the surface... what she did was reprehensible, and to most of us, whatever punishment she receives is not enough.... although we may not agree with her decision, it would be interesting to study her life, and lifestyle, and find out what path she took that led her to this place.... and see if there is an opportunity to use that information to stop someone else from doing the same thing, or if she is truly that messed up that she is just an abherration.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.