Passing the NREMT- wow what a satisfying feeling

That test was awful....... I am never nervous to take a test (and still wasnt) and usually feel Ok coming out of them... but I was convinced I failed walking out of there. Im not even sure why. I thought I was supposed to have a certain number of strips, certain number of trauma questions, etc. etc. and I felt like I had only take half a test when the whole thing shut down and it was over. I was there for only 25 minutes. :)

Just want to offer encouragement for everyone taking the NREMT-P test (and the B's too) in the next few months..... The CBT test really is a little different from what we are used to. But the NREMT had my results up at 9:45 this morning! (and I took the test at 8pm last night). So at least the torture isnt prolonged. :)

I was worried about the test because Ive been out in the field as an intern with the Chicago Fire Dept. for the last three months, and things are a little different out on the street, as you know. Especially with our two second transport times.....

Honestly, I am in shock that it's over. Now onto Las Vegas for the practical! :)With this luck, I should do a little gambling... :)

Im international, baby! (in this case, national..)

I live in Chicago and took the test in Vegas for my own personal pleasure.. ha ha After a year of medic school, it was warranted, more or less.

Passed every station except that stupid intubation one because I havent intubated those dummies since November and when I start it up again, I start doing this funky wrist thing. What a really need is a few hours in the room with the dummies, just throwing about 100 tubes down, and then Ill be straight :)

For the pleasure of re-taking that station, I will be in Quincy, Il. WOOHHOO ha ha

Im international, baby! (in this case, national..)

I live in Chicago and took the test in Vegas for my own personal pleasure.. ha ha After a year of medic school, it was warranted, more or less.

Good thinking! And I agree! I did the same thing many years back. Called the NR office and told them I wanted the next available test, no matter where it was. They told me it was Terre Haute, Indiana. Uhhh... no, thank you. The next one after that was Las Vegas, and I was all over that. Good times!

Good luck on your retest.

The only thing I can say is, try to keep it simple. I have heard that people think aggressive, however I found that just starting w/ the basics and work your way up (as we're tought) seemed to work best for me. In other words, just relax, look beyond the bullsh*t, and you'll be fine. I remeber one question in particular that tries to throw you a curve, and based on your interpretation of the strip will determine if you miss the next 4 questions. Looking at the strip, it could be uncontrolled afib, or SVT. There is no way to look at it and figure it out. The rate is too high. But, you can make your determination in the scenerio question itself. Somewhere in the question, it will state the pulse is irregular. That is your ONLY clue for that series of questions. I don't know why that question always stuck with me, but I hope it may help, if only for a few questions. :D

I only scored in the lower 90's on my Registry Medic. I actually scored in the low 80's on my Registry Basic, so I'm probably not the best advice giver There are alot of people here on this board that can be of much better help to you than me. But, hope I helped a little.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.