FAILED CA NREMT-B EXAM TWICE!!!

^

Just a few quick things.

First, it's a tad unfair to compare prereqs. I had to take the 2 course freshman bio series (DNA to Organisms and Organisms to Ecosystems), as well as genetics, biochemistry (which required either enrollment or completion of the second quarter of OChem], and molecular biology prior to being able to enroll in anatomy and/or physiology [they were two separate courses at my undergraduate, both a quarter long]. Granted, I think a lot of that had to do with anatomy and physiology being considered upper division coursework more than anything else.

Second, exactly how much OChem was needed to really understand the material in your class? It was never even remotely needed for mine.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^...

First, it's a tad unfair to compare prereqs...

You missed the point entirely, and never did I say I was comparing prereqs. The statement by the original poster that "it was a semester long course from january to june. And it wasn't first aid, it was an EMT class covering anatomy and physiology as well" was disturbing. Just proving the point of a little knowledge can be a very scary thing, and especially those that don't even master the basics.

Im currently taking my pre reqs to get into Nursing School so i really need to pass this! I know i can do it..

What does first aid have to do with nursing school? What will California come up with next...

When engaged in this conversation with her and mentioning things like "Starlings effect" and "preload" evoked the response that said science was above the EMT-Basic level.

It is apparently above the BSN level too. :)

But yeah... EMT school is hardly a class in A&P. You come out learning that there are 206 bones in the body, but only learn the name of about twelve of them. The better schools teach you to trace the blood flow through the heart and lungs, but nothing about blood itself, except that losing it is bad.

Surfer, if you are in nursing prerequisites (by the way, I am an RN and a Paramedic), I have faith that you will soon understand what we are talking about. About halfway through A&P I, you will realise what a joke EMT school was. You will also get a couple of semesters of classes that really are "very hard" to help you decide if this is really for you.

Again, I wish you the very best of luck!

wow organic chemistry to take an EMT class? that's mind boggling. I can't remember one thing that organic chemistry helped me out with in EMT school.

in all reality you learn three major things in emt school

1. blood goes round and round

2. air goes in and out

3. if you drop the baby pick it up.

Organic chem for emt school. It's not rocket science, emt school isn't

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.