FAILED CA NREMT-B EXAM TWICE!!!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha ur trippin...Orange College is in Southern California

Ah, well you said it was in "CA," which means Canada to me. :D And you said...

...the class was super hard.

Which means to most of us that it could not possibly have been in the United States. :lol:

I do wish you the very best of luck with this. I really do. I want everybody who has the honest desire to join the profession to have the opportunity to make it. However, before you get too carried away with all this, if you don't make it on your third attempt, I would respectfully suggest you take an honest appraisal of your aptitude for this field. If you found a four week first aid class to be "super hard," and have failed the exam twice, then there is really a pretty good chance that medicine is just not your cup of tea. After all, it doesn't get any easier from here. Most people who bomb out of paramedic school passed NREMT-B on the first attempt. Where does that put your chances of successful progression in the field? Doesn't mean you're stupid or anything. Just means you're wired for different vocational options. Probably better ones than this one. Most of them are.

yes, i see where your coming from. However, the class i took was not a 4 week first aid class by any means. It was a semester long course from january to june. And it wasnt first aid, it was an EMT class covering anatomy and physiology as well. I think the way they do things where you are, is different than how we do things here. Because taking a first aid class was just a pre-req to get into the class i took...

yes, i see where your coming from. However, the class i took was not a 4 week first aid class by any means. It was a semester long course from january to june. And it wasnt first aid, it was an EMT class covering anatomy and physiology as well. I think the way they do things where you are, is different than how we do things here. Because taking a first aid class was just a pre-req to get into the class i took...

The reason EMT-B is referred to as a first aid class is it is very basic. Even once certified you are only doing a little more than what someone with a first aid course can do and only with slightly more education. This is not to degrade you it is to help you realize how limited you are and hopefully help motivate you to go on to paramedic. When I was a basic I thought I was doing so much. The more education I got the dumber I feel. The reason is you will if you continue on start seeing so many things you miss as a basic. I encourage you to search this site for some of the great basic vs paramedic debates to kinda see what peoples views are.

Press on and let us know if we can help.

And it wasnt first aid, it was an EMT class covering anatomy and physiology as well.

Ah, yes, A and P from the same person who doesn't understand why the semi-fowler position tends to negate any chance of a positive reaction from shock position. When engaged in this conversation with her and mentioning things like "Starlings effect" and "preload" evoked the response that said science was above the EMT-Basic level. The refresher course with her was like 24 hours of detention spread out over 4 weekends.

Ah, yes, A and P from the same person who doesn't understand why the semi-fowler position tends to negate any chance of a positive reaction from shock position. When engaged in this conversation with her and mentioning things like "Starlings effect" and "preload" evoked the response that said science was above the EMT-Basic level. The refresher course with her was like 24 hours of detention spread out over 4 weekends.

Give the kid a break. I bet when you first went through the course you thought you were going to change the world. I bet you probably thought you could debate with the finest doctor much less a measly paramedic.

Now surfer one thing on A&P, a good course of it is longer than one semester by itself, not including your EMS education. I'm glad to see the enthusiasm, now we just have to transform it into helping you pass, and then continuing your education.

^

Sorry if it was unclear, but I was talking about the RN that taught the course, not the student.

Now thats ok. Sorry I thought you were trying to kill off our new emt. If the instructor doesn't know their stuff rip em a new one. Have fun at it.

Just to have some perspective, when I took A & P, I needed Organic Chemistry as a prerequisite. Organic Chem needed a sequence of 3 chem courses, in addition to biology courses. A good education is built on a foundation of basics and fundamentals, not a few months of a crash course.

I think the most useful quote I ever heard was "the more you know, the more you know you don't know". Just something to think about.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.