FAILED CA NREMT-B EXAM TWICE!!!

ya....i did. :)

i dont see how i could have failed either....i mean i know my stuff really good, and my text book from front to back! i think those retarded questions tripped me up. Some of the wordings of those questions dont make any sense!

Also...does anybody know anything about computer based testing? I had a friend whos an EMT-B tell me that the slower you take to answer the questions, the more likelyhood of you passing because the questions get easier. Is that true?????

Well im NOT giving up and im studying my brains out because i WILL pass this test!!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ya....i did. :)

Also...does anybody know anything about computer based testing? I had a friend whos an EMT-B tell me that the slower you take to answer the questions, the more likelyhood of you passing because the questions get easier. Is that true?????

Well im NOT giving up and im studying my brains out because i WILL pass this test!!

They are full of it. You only get easier questions if you miss a question. Not a good strategy for passing. Better to try and answer correctly. You may want to spend some money on a good study guide. Hope you the best.

Do not take this personally. I do not know you and would say this to anyone.

[hr:5300c84486]

I hope you took a state recognized EMT-B course that had in depth course and practical time. If you did not, you need to retake another one.

What is your ultimate goal? Where do you see yourself in EMS in 5 years?

I have not taken the NREMT and can not comment on the quality of its question pool. However, EMT is just procedure memorization. There is no critical thinking skills required to become an EMT. You do not need to know dosage formulas, cardiac rythms, or ACLS guidelines.

Where is the breakdown? What is giving you such a hard time with this test? I don't want to discourage you, but honestly I do. If you have failed this test twice, how am I to know that you will be competent on the road?

Let's leave the "some people are bad test takers" BS out of this discussion too. I don't care what kind of test taker you are, you know the stuff or you don't.

Please, with out being rude or offering any personal attacks, explain to us why you think you have missed this test twice?

One other thing to look at besides the EMT course that you took is how you study. Tell us a little bit about what you do to prepare for the exam. If it involves just reading through the book again and again then there might be some work that can be done there. I have read much on this forum about how poorly worded NR tests can be, but even with that many people are able to play the game and pass. You're smart enough to ask for help when you need it, with some work you will also be smart enough to pass.

I took My EMT class at Orange Coast College...my teacher has like an 87% pass rate. and the class was super hard. But i passed with flying colors and had a final grade of a 95%.

I think i got over confident the first time. and didnt study much for the NREMT-B...and took it right after my class and failed it. I passed on every catagory except Pediatrics. So i studied mostly peds the second time and to my surprise...i hardly saw any questions at all on peds!

I got my results back from the 2nd test and i passed every catagory except ambulance operations! what a load of bull. I should have just studied everything all over again.

Well my plan for this time around is to reread everything and take as many practice tests as i can get my hands on...

Im currently taking my pre reqs to get into Nursing School so i really need to pass this! I know i can do it..

I took My EMT class at Orange Coast College...my teacher has like an 87% pass rate. and the class was super hard. But i passed with flying colors and had a final grade of a 95%.

I think i got over confident the first time. and didnt study much for the NREMT-B...and took it right after my class and failed it. I passed on every catagory except Pediatrics. So i studied mostly peds the second time and to my surprise...i hardly saw any questions at all on peds!

I got my results back from the 2nd test and i passed every catagory except ambulance operations! what a load of bull. I should have just studied everything all over again.

Well my plan for this time around is to reread everything and take as many practice tests as i can get my hands on...

Im currently taking my pre reqs to get into Nursing School so i really need to pass this! I know i can do it..

:lol: Thats CBT for you. If you know a subject one or two well really a few more what they call tougher questions and if you get them right no more on that subject. I hear that from testers at all levels. If it's second time they focus on weak area and see almost no questions on that area. Good attitude, you can do it.

I took My EMT class at Orange Coast College...

Never heard of it. Where the heck is that? Nova Scotia? I thought only Alberta had EMTs. :?

You're the first Canadian I ever even heard of taking NR. Do you plan to work in the U.S.?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.