• Yes, We need a professional look
    • No, I like looking like a cop/FF
    • I prefer to wear whatever I want

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I have the solution, ladies and gentlemen.... something VERY distinct that would definitely set us apart in the medical field! I can guarantee you no other EMS is wearing this...

http://www.utilikilts.com/index.php?page_id=46

:lol:

Wendy

CO EMT-B

LMAO! Look, they were thinking of us!!!

workmans_lg.jpg

They can sew little wanker pockets into them! Maybe even some hot pink reflective stripes for our wanker friends to the north! :lol:

Black boots, black dickies pants/EMS pants/ETC, green polo shirt. For what ever reason, I've always associated green with medical [ok, the college volunteer group at the hospital wore green polo shirts and the hospital's color code for scrubs had green reserved for physicians (gray/maroon was for CNAs and blue was for RNs)]. It gets us away from the paramilitary look of the dark colored uniforms that police and fire uses. It also gives EMS it's own color [PR anyone?] since red is already associated with the fire department and blue is associated with the police department.

As for the color green, green is the "international color" for medical aide. Most Canadian and Euro uniforms I have seen are some combination of green yellow and white.

As for the color green, green is the "international color" for medical aide. Most Canadian and Euro uniforms I have seen are some combination of green yellow and white.

Except for the coasts (BC and NS, who wear white over navy), almost every Canadian system I have ever seen wore solid navy blue, top and bottom, just like the cops, except for the reflective striping. There are a few privates in Alberta doing some weird combinations (Grande Prairie and their Barney purple jumpsuits, for instance), but I have not seen green anywhere in Canadia. I'm certainly not opposed to it, though.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.