1. 1.

• Yes, We need a professional look
    • No, I like looking like a cop/FF
    • I prefer to wear whatever I want

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe it was discussed that the scrub top would have service info on it front and back.

There is still a problem. I often see people who do not work for a hospital, wearing scrubs, with the hospital's emblem on it. The shirt may have been obtained when the person was a patient in said facility, or someone gave it, or stole it to sell on the streets ("Get your own Gen-u-wine Saint Vincent's Hospital 'Scrub Shirt' here! Get 'em while they last.").

There is still a problem. I often see people who do not work for a hospital, wearing scrubs, with the hospital's emblem on it. The shirt may have been obtained when the person was a patient in said facility, or someone gave it, or stole it to sell on the streets ("Get your own Gen-u-wine Saint Vincent's Hospital 'Scrub Shirt' here! Get 'em while they last.").

In the case of ambulance service they should not be laying around to be stolen. Hospitals are often way to lax about leaving the scrubs and other items out where a passerby could help themselves. Again ours would be the higher quality more form fitted with high quality printing or embroidery, not that crappy black ink stamp so many hospitals use.

I like the idea of looking professional. I think having to wear ties looks professional but it is also a hazard when working in the field. I am saying this because the service I work at has to wear ties. To be completely honest, I fear my first patient who decides my tie is more than just a way to look professional!!

I like the idea of looking professional. I think having to wear ties looks professional but it is also a hazard when working in the field. I am saying this because the service I work at has to wear ties. To be completely honest, I fear my first patient who decides my tie is more than just a way to look professional!!

Ties are a bad idea as is keeping your stethoscope around your neck, the grab both ends your blue soon.

I fear my first patient who decides my tie is more than just a way to look professional!!

I fear anybody who isn't smart enough to wear a clip-on tie.

You take that brief moment that the patient is sitting there confused, staring at the loose tie in his hand, as your opportnunity to punch him in the throat with everything you have.

Over her in Belgium we wear generaly the same blue/greenish with yellow and reflective striping combo, including the fire bunnies riding on their Ambulances, some private services, like mine who work in the 911 system are only entitled to put small logo's on their clothing... Some pics to give you an idea on www.ambuce.be

Durign summer nights we have yellow polo's withe reflective striping, feels a bit better then a navy outfit when standing on the freeway :lol:

• 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.