Make my duty belt LIGHTER! (Please)

NYCntg

HuH? Did I miss something, Why is blood flowing, wasn't this about buff belts?

WANTYNU

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HuH? Did I miss something, Why is blood flowing, wasn't this about buff belts?

WANTYNU

Naw its about the reason EMS will always be an unwanted step child of public service and healthcare instead of healthcare professionals.

DD is in Iraq. Bet his spot is hotter than yours. Dang that hurt to defend DD.

ya, I know he's there, and even if he's waaaaaay forward, he's still over there (and I'm here).

All in all, bad form bashing our troops.

As much as it hurts me to say this, I was out of line dropping the hammer on you DD, I truly appreciate your service.

Please accept my heartfelt apologies DustDevil.

And Stay SAFE!

NTYCntg

NYCntg hope all bashing on everyones part is done. Sorry we havn't been able to provide a better idea for you, but maybe somebody will someday. Oh by the way did I ever say welcome to the city.

Sounds to me like your priorities are seriously misplaced.

OK, this I don't understand, my partner and I completely packaged and delivered this guy in 6 minutes, even though my partner and I know he was a probable DOA, the ER worked him for 45 minutes before pronouncing him. (can’t pronounce unless OBVIOUS mortal injury in a trauma, and as I’m sure you know a GSW to the chest does not fit that category).

I was referring to a job I did, where the kid was written up as a choir boy, who never did a thing wrong in his life, and was innocent, meanwhile behind the scenes, he had rocks of crack falling out of his pockets…

The point of my story was you can’t trust what you read in the paper, referring to the hair show riot.

So how are my priorities “misplaced”? :?

NTYCntg

NYCntg hope all bashing on everyones part is done. Sorry we havn't been able to provide a better idea for you, but maybe somebody will someday. Oh by the way did I ever say welcome to the city.

Spenac, in your own way I suposed you did :)

and actually firespec35 post was very helpful (IMHO one of the best yet). Thanks.

Best

ntg

Ok I didn't read the 10 pages .... As far as your O2 wrench goes go to a machine shop and get a 1 1/2" x 3 or 4" x about 1/4" bar of Titanium and have them machine the proper slots in it A custom knifemaker did one and I have it and an Aluminum one the weight is much lighter. Not sure what the cost on that one is though or Cut down your aluminum one so there is only a 2" or so handle you don't need too much leverage on those tanks to open them...

A little clarification, on this subject; The metal O2 keys on the market (commonly the Hudson RCI or Western) today are not Aluminum they are made from Zinc, sometimes called white metal, or pot metal (meaning any low temperature melting metal that’s thrown into the pot to pour), and they weigh almost 4 ounces.

In comparison mine are strengthened aircraft grade Aluminum alloy, (Aluminum, Magnesium, Copper mix), weigh about 1 oz and are about 50 times stronger than Zinc.

Using titanium would be stronger still, but getting a machine shop to cut you one, would in my estimate cost you at minimum around $100 (2 hours at $50 per hour / a pretty standard rate). Depending on the design, could be slightly stronger and lighter then aluminum (about 10 – 15% in both categories).

You would need to decide if the cost and the hassle are worth it. I can’t get into any more detail on the wrench I make in this thread, but it’s easy enough to find more info on, if you wish to.

But at least on that Item you can be an informed consumer.

Also personally although I do sacrifice some brightness, I like the dual purpose light, as it does both the job of a pen light, and a regular flashlight (just make sure what setting your on before you check someone’s pupils).

Hope this helps as well.

Good Luck,

WANTYNU

OH yes, also, I agree, lithium batteries are the only way to go!

WANTYNU

folks we have reached EMTcity.com limit on bullshit in one thread, the ten page mark is here.....Time to let this thread die :)

My dearest AK,

I respectfully request this thread be locked, and moved into the well stocked pits of EMTcity bullsh** oblivion. We have come to a conclusion that there is no conclusion, and have circled more times, than my rather "special" doberman, who is still trying to find his tail. ( his name is "deet deet dee")

Anyhoo, just blow this thread up.

Hugs and kisses,

PRPG.