Make my duty belt LIGHTER! (Please)

NYCntg

last night, i had a full blown MCI.

That wasn't "full blown." It was OVERblown.

And you're the one who blew it. :lol:

KMAC, I have worked more real MCIs than you have worked MVAs. And after all that, I still have yet to go home thinking, "wow... I sure wish I had more crap on my belt!"

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLY DIGESTED COW HAY BATMAN, IT SEEMS THE JOKERS ESCAPED BECAME AN EMT or MEDIC AND STARTED POSTING ON EMT CITY!!!!

Last night I got home from a late job, (dead guy with lots of moving fried rice on his face). Started to post, but hit the back button instead (lost it all) and went to bed.

I was going to get back on subject, Oh I don’t know why, just for the heck of it, but WOW, LOOKY, LOOKY., the night has been busy…

So back to the mêlée.

Hey Dust Devil You find the WMD’s yet? The paper said they were there…

Come ON! Do you guys believe EVERYTHING you read in the paper?

HAS , anyone west of New Jersey even seen a gang fight with more than 20 people (try 200)? Know what Airmail is? (Hint, it is NOT delivered by the post office?)

Time to recalibrate folks; your bullshit detectors are broken.

I’ve done so many homicides that don’t even make the news it’s not funny, and the ones that do, the writers get it wrong about, well let me see here, think for a minute, oh, ALL THE TIME.

Three weeks ago, I worked a choir boy, waiting at the bus stop at 2am, well that’s what the papers said,

The real story was he was at the bottom of the stairs in a subway (no busses there), a small cal bullet in his chest under his arm, dolls eyes, grabbed and go, in the ER in under 6 minutes, when presented, he was (stripped, tube’d, with two large bore IV’s btw), when security was looking for ID, two rocks of crack in baggies fell out of his pocket….

But the papers called him an innocent choir boy…. Yea right. :lol:

A gang fight over a beauty contest, could happen, mix gangs with anything, and sh*t happens.

Just because it doesn’t happen in your quiet little Cul-de-Sac, doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen.

Ever been surrounded by 3000 people in under 3 minutes, with crap flying out of the windows (air mail) , because the cops did a car stop and the perp while trying to runaway, ran smack into a light pole? :shock:

Police brutality? :?

Oh and btw, when someone’s injured, they’re a patient first, criminal second (well most of the time).

All you three jobs in 24’s come to the ghetto, you’ll see why we work only eights here, and see how’s it’s really done, oh, and btw, bring a belt, you might find you need it… :)

...the gang's kingpin, Jon Bon Jovi could not be reached for comment. Kenny G and Fabio were reportedly seen fleeing from the scene, however police are following up on this report. Although there were no physical injuries, it is impossible to guage the detrimental effect this will have on the "Pimp my Drag Queen" show scheduled later this week. Back to you, Brent...

Time to recalibrate folks; your bullshit detectors are broken.

Really? So you are saying you were there and that you have first hand knowledge of the incident in question that we do not have? If so, please share. Otherwise, you're just pulling more nonsense out of your arse for argument's sake.

The real story was he was at the bottom of the stairs in a subway (no busses there), a small cal bullet in his chest under his arm, dolls eyes, grabbed and go, in the ER in under 6 minutes, when presented, he was (stripped, tube’d, with two large bore IV’s btw), when security was looking for ID, two rocks of crack in baggies fell out of his pocket…

Sounds to me like your priorities are seriously misplaced.

Shouldn't you be carrying laryngoscopes, ET tubes, and IV supplies on your Bat Belt instead of pointless crap that you *might possibly* have to use once every six months to fix a light bulb on the truck?

What's that you say...? You have all those things in your bag?

Bingo. That's our point. Thanks for coming back around to it.

Used the pocket guide for the coma scale (not 100 well versed on it, but it is part of our MCI protocol).

This is not to pick a fight, but how long have you been in EMS? The reason I ask is I learned coma scale in my ECA (first responder) course, years ago. Also it is a valuable tool to actually evaluate every patient. It allows you to see where they are when you start and if they are getting better or worse. Even if not required by your medical director I suggest you do it on every patient. After just a few you honestly will do it w/o even realizing it.

Ok I didn't read the 10 pages of kids fighting in the sandbox but I will answer the poor guy's question seriously. You wanna cut weight here you go. I can't do anything about your issued gear (chair, monitor, jump kit, drug box ect...) but there are things you can do

As far as a light goes get a surefire G2 it is made of plastic, yet still tough as hell, takes lithium batteries, and bright as hell. Yes a light is absolutely nessecary

As far as your O2 wrench goes go to a machine shop and get a 1 1/2" x 3 or 4" x about 1/4" bar of Titanium and have them machine the proper slots in it A custom knifemaker did one and I have it and an Aluminum one the weight is much lighter. Not sure what the cost on that one is though or Cut down your aluminum one so there is only a 2" or so handle you don't need too much leverage on those tanks to open them.

Multi tool- Once again Ti is your friend. I believe Leatherman has a Ti series that will save you a few oz

Shears- Dump the shears and get an original model 5 benchmade rescue hook It will do the job better and if you get the plastic sheath just clip it reverse onto your belt so the metal clip is out and you will never notice it till you need it

Other than that cut out all unnessecary stuff If you carry a bag in your rig, put your wallet, keys, and whatever else in it that you don't need on you at all times.

Other than that try lightweight boots, and maybe some B-12 for more energy :lol:

good luck

Rob

Ok I didn't read the 10 pages of kids fighting in the sandbox but I will answer the poor guy's question seriously. You wanna cut weight here you go. I can't do anything about your issued gear (chair, monitor, jump kit, drug box ect...) but there are things you can do. Rob

Hey Rob read the first 10 pages, in one way or the other all these types of things were suggested. But thanks for trying to get post back on subject.