Hey, it could happen...

ERDoc

HOLY CRAP!!!

I thought you said earlier that the 12 lead was normal???

That would an inferior MI c/ lateral extension.

Or, commonly called, you gonna die!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLY CRAP!!!

I thought you said earlier that the 12 lead was normal???

That would an inferior MI c/ lateral extension.

Or, commonly called, you gonna die!

I never said anything about the 12-lead (for obvious reasons). This guys only outward sign was the hypotension. He ended up getting a cath which showed significant disease in the RCA. It couldn't be stented and he was not a surgical candidate. His prognosis is extremely guarded.

Oh, I see mwhy I said that. A couple of people asked about the ECG and you must not have seen that so you didn't reply. I had thought you did. That's why I was surprised at the ECG. Two people asked about it but you must've missed that. Oh well. Thanks for the good scenario!!

Oh, I see mwhy I said that. A couple of people asked about the ECG and you must not have seen that so you didn't reply. I had thought you did. That's why I was surprised at the ECG. Two people asked about it but you must've missed that. Oh well. Thanks for the good scenario!!

Didn't miss it, just put it off. Good case to remind you that MIs in the elderly can have very atypical presentations. The same is true of diabetics.

Shall we say it's a good thing he is non-ambulatory, on Plavix and a beta blocker, and quite used to people taking care of him? :lol:

Over 45 with a complaint above the waist gets a twelve lead. You just can't trust people to tell you what is going on.