Passed NR Medic CBT

The 3 things sucked too cause I've been an EMT-S (AKA EMT-I) for 10 years and I needed to retest on Intubation, IO, and trauma asessment. COME ON!!!! I actually have field tubes and I was taught IO in 1997 you'd think I know those. Being nervous sucks

Actually, it is having ten years of bad habits to overcome that sucks. That's exactly why so many of us advise n00bs not to screw around for long before getting straight into paramedic school.

Being nervous is probably all that kept you from failing more than three stations. :D

Congrats!

I passed mine on Monday. I didn't think it was so bad. Took me about 1 hour. I honestly did not notice how many questions I had.

I got to work, but couldn't check the NREMT web site, as they were upgrading (more like slowing down or system). I got a phone call from our Ops Manager congratulating me around 1030.

Now if I could just take care of static cardiology. :)

As far as the snake bite and obscure questions-

1. For me, being an EMT has taken me to many parts of the globe; jungle, desert, forests, Alaska in February, North South, East and West. MY first official EMT course for NREMT cert was in Mississippi, "30 something years ago". The nurse teaching didn't think we needed frost bite. I've frozen my rear off on the flightline in Biloxi unloading aircaft. You never know what or when you need this. Granted some may seem "stupid" but you may see it again.

2. Remember, this is set up for world wide testing. With DOD using NREMT, it's global

3. The ?'s are randomly pulled from thousands of EMT questions, based on YOUR ability. It's adaptive to only YOUR response.

Just my 2 cents. Or as a student wrote one time "my too senses"

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.