Passed NR Medic CBT

OH MY GOD!!!! That had to be the most impossible test I''ve ever took. I laughed at MI's EMT-S written 10 years ago when they had a 15% pass ratio. I walked out of there knowing I aced it, but this Medic CBT, I was about ready to cry when I walked out. Trust me that's a sight to see a 6'3" 450# man ready to cry. I was pissed off all night and the next morning. I helped a friend move that night and I was glad that he was tossing most of his furniture cause I took most of my aggressions out on it. I get to work the next morning. I keep looking at the computer and say "Oh what the hell" and Log onto NR's website. I check my app. status and holy s$%t it says congratulations you passed the cognitive portion of the application process or something like that. I lost it, I had to call someone else over to make sure it said what it said. Oh hell yeah I passed and my results were available in 13 hours.

As far as the test goes, I studied a lot. I had my wife quizzing me on old test questions wherever we went in the car. After the test I didn't feel like I was unprepared, it was the multiple right answers with which one is best that killed my confidence.

As far as advice goes. Study and know the stupid stuff you will never need on the road, just relax it will come to you if you know it, as far as not tightening up on the test once a question is gone, let it go and move on, Good Luck to you, On to the practical for me

OH MY GOD!!!! That had to be the most impossible test I''ve ever took. I laughed at MI's EMT-S written 10 years ago when they had a 15% pass ratio. I walked out of there knowing I aced it, but this Medic CBT, I was about ready to cry when I walked out. Trust me that's a sight to see a 6'3" 450# man ready to cry. I was pissed off all night and the next morning. I helped a friend move that night and I was glad that he was tossing most of his furniture cause I took most of my aggressions out on it. I get to work the next morning. I keep looking at the computer and say "Oh what the hell" and Log onto NR's website. I check my app. status and holy s$%t it says congratulations you passed the cognitive portion of the application process or something like that. I lost it, I had to call someone else over to make sure it said what it said. Oh hell yeah I passed and my results were available in 13 hours.

As far as the test goes, I studied a lot. I had my wife quizzing me on old test questions wherever we went in the car. After the test I didn't feel like I was unprepared, it was the multiple right answers with which one is best that killed my confidence.

As far as advice goes. Study and know the stupid stuff you will never need on the road, just relax it will come to you if you know it, as far as not tightening up on the test once a question is gone, let it go and move on, Good Luck to you, On to the practical for me

Congratulations! I have failed the written once but passed the practical this weekend. The CBT process is a new one and I think a second chance will see me thru

• 4 weeks later...

I just passed my practical this weekend, Thats right the fat guy is actually a paramedic. I had to retest on 3 things but we got lucky that most of the people in my practical were retests themselves and the proctors were cool enough to stay and let us retest. The 3 things sucked too cause I've been an EMT-S (AKA EMT-I) for 10 years and I needed to retest on Intubation, IO, and trauma asessment. COME ON!!!! I actually have field tubes and I was taught IO in 1997 you'd think I know those. Being nervous sucks

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.