Drug gun...hmmmmm

Oh, I WANT one!! Here's why.

I only want it if:

1./ It can be filled with Haldol and Benadryl

2./ It can be fired from 25 feet.

Now that, in the words of Bill Engvall, would be AWESOME!

You know it is ironic, that 30 years ago I predicted that someday that a "real person" would not have to be in the back of a EMS unit. That we would develop a "shuttle" similar to those vacuum tubes that tranpsorts items to transport patients, and have pre-measured med.'s, automatic defib.'s., and electronically monitored ECG's and patient viewed by video link...... The only real reason a medic would be there, would to establish the IV, place the equipment on the patient.

No one's laughing anymore......

You know it is ironic, that 30 years ago I predicted that someday that a "real person" would not have to be in the back of a EMS unit. That we would develop a "shuttle" similar to those vacuum tubes that tranpsorts items to transport patients, and have pre-measured med.'s, automatic defib.'s., and electronically monitored ECG's and patient viewed by video link...... The only real reason a medic would be there, would to establish the IV, place the equipment on the patient.

No one's laughing anymore......

Rid...what in the heck are you smoking :?

LOL. Not smoking anything. Just remember the first time I discussed someday they would have an ECG machine that could read ECG's and automatically deliver an electrical shock....and then maybe possibly attaching it to a pacemaker device. I remember my fellow medics lauging at me and describing, "that would never happen.. there are too many variables.. artifact, etc.." Nothing could be that small and deliver such a shock!...

Video cameras with talk back capability is not out of the question and few EMS in the U.S. are trying them out. The same with robotic surgery is being tested in the military being used in the back of a transport vehicle. A few years ago, this was to be far out as well....

Technology is always developing, unfortunately we are not educating our personnel as fast...

R/r 911

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.