Drug gun...hmmmmm

http://www.defrance.org/artman/publish/article_1838.shtml

The DRAGON DRUG GUN is a promising new patent-pending medical device utilizing pre-formatted disposable drug cartridges to save lives, time, medication and syringes, while decreasing human error.

Designed by anesthesiologist Dr. John Lafferty of Miami, Florida, the DRAGON DRUG GUN was originally intended for emergency personnel. "I invented the Dragon to pump multiple drugs very rapidly into patients to save their lives," states Lafferty. "It's small and portable, so it can be used anywhere-by medics in Iraq, by doctors in the ER and the OR, or by EMTs at a car crash," says Lafferty. "In a triage situation with large numbers of sick or injured patients, the Gun will increase staff efficiency, since it can administer up to 6 drug cartridges from a single dispensing system. Because the Gun records the timing and dosage of meds, it's easy to track the medications given without having someone do that manually. This means that a relatively small number of medical personnel can treat a large number of patients with less risk of human error."

More: www.dragondruggun.com

*AHEM* Well this is different...

Sounds convincing. I cant wait to see it actually released to see how it works and if its really as effective as previously thought. It looks like a type of Nerf Gun i used to own :D

I saw them at walmart the other day.

If you cannot get one I'd be happy to procure one at our local walmartacopia and send it off to you.

I saw them at walmart the other day.

If you cannot get one I'd be happy to procure one at our local walmartacopia and send it off to you.

Well how sweet! I was never a normal kid when i was young, grew up around 3 brothers so i never played with normal things that little girls played with. I went through a major GI Joe phase though! haha!

It hasn't even been produced yet.

Somebody forgot to tell the PR broad that. :roll:

She kind of jumped the gun with her hyped "New Drug-Dispensing Gun Saves Lives" headline, considering it doesn't even exist yet. But EMS loves hype. I'm sure there's a long list of fire chiefs already chomping at the bit to buy these worthless things.

I don't see how this is supposed to decrease med errors. It's only going to keep people from being able to cover them up, since it will be recorded.

I don't see how this is supposed to decrease med errors. It's only going to keep people from being able to cover them up, since it will be recorded.

Agreed.

The purpose of the post was just the unusual nature of the apparatus, and an eye into what is potentially our future.

However, considering the lack of even a clinical trial yet, its more just amusement than anything else.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.