Would you stop?

Sorry Squint,

Hey man don't apologise to me, save it for your MOM.

But you can tell her from me that I will stop for HER.

cheers

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the fish distracts me...

EDIT - I was going to make a Simpson's joke regarding Troy McClure and his fish fetish, but nobody would get it. If anyone remembers the episode or has any idea of what I'm talking about... Kudos...

PS - Canadians are still right on this one...

Is that from the episode where he marries Marge's sister?

Is that from the episode where he marries Marge's sister?

http://www.snpp.com/episodes/3F15.html

Marge: That's not a leather muppet, that's Troy McClure. Mmm, back in

the '70s he was quite a teen heartthrob.

Homer: Yeah, who'd have thought he'd turn out to be such a weirdo?

Marge: What are you talking about?

Homer: You know, his bizarre personal life. Those weird things they say

he does down at the aquarium. Why I heard...

Marge: Oh, Homer, that's just an urban legend. People don't do that

type of thing with _fish_!

Hey man don't apologise to me, save it for your MOM.

But you can tell her from me that I will stop for HER.

cheers

First off, the protocols are not for 'picking and choosing' which ones I want to follow and which ones I want to disregard each day.

Secondly, it's not a matter of whether or not I love my family or not (thats an absolute no brainer here), the issue at hand is that protocol dictates my actions while Im on the job. I may not agree with protocol, I may not like a certain protocol, but in the immortal words of Yul Brenner, "'Tis not ours to ask why, 'tis only ours to do or die." (I believe that quote came from 'The King and I")

Because I am forced to follow protocol, has no bearing on my feelings toward my family memebers, and therefore I think your comment was out of line....

First off, the protocols are not for 'picking and choosing' which ones I want to follow and which ones I want to disregard each day.

Lone: Protocols are Guidelines they can never dictate common sense they are developed for a multitude of reasons they can never, I repeat never, replace a reasonable rational logical practitioner .... ever!

Secondly, it's not a matter of whether or not I love my family or not (thats an absolute no brainer here), the issue at hand is that protocol dictates my actions while Im on the job. I may not agree with protocol, I may not like a certain protocol, but in the immortal words of Yul Brenner, "'Tis not ours to ask why, 'tis only ours to do or die." (I believe that quote came from 'The King and I")

Yul Brenner ? I will not quote a hollywood ideal, ever its not realistic my friend ... I tell my children it is just a movie its NOT reality, life is NOT a movie or fictional book, it is LIFE.

Because I am forced to follow protocol, has no bearing on my feelings toward my family memebers, and therefore I think your comment was out of line...

I thought your country was land of the free and home of the brave, yet forced to follow a protocol instead of your heart, a very sad state of affairs.

It just pisses me the F off. After that freakazoid before, it is so peaceful. I hate it.

Ok why can I only think of sushi at this point ?

• 2 weeks later...

Probably would where I work, but then again where I work we have limited resources and it could take a quite long time for someone else to arrive. This is of course assuming the condition of the first patient would be ok and a delay would not be detrimental.

Stopping is not automatically negligent or abandoning a patient.

If you double load from a MVA and you (paramedic) leave one patient with your EMT partner while you took the other in the ER are you abandoning the first patient? If you are at a MCI and you start doing triage, are you abandoning the first patients you look at when you leave them to check out other patients?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.