Bash patients here

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate patients that wake me up in the middle of my much deserved, 4th of July, afternoon siesta in order to change the bandaid you already had on. Oh your BROKEN TOENAIL hurts?! Oh you really want to go to the hospital? :x FINE! I hope you enjoy your $1000 hospital bill for localized lidocaine, a nail clipper, and another bandaid. :evil:

I hate having to tell the nurse the report " 45 year old female who had a small object fall on her toe in the store. (stupid lawsuits) They called 911, I came, saw the injury, tried to sell the RMA, but reluctantly brought her here. Please sign here. I'll be back in half an hour with hopefully a true emergency. "

I would agree with Bushy on the motocross. Motocross riders are the softest group of daddy lill boys / show pony’s I’ve ever meet! I mean a broken leg is the worse thing that could happen and requires immediate emergency traumatical attention, right?

Seriously, you gotta love it when they turn around and say “why did this happen to me”? Like good lord! You only signed a form that said serious injury or death can occur while racing, at riders briefing they told you that motocross is a dangerous and possibly fatal sport and I hate to break it to yah but motocross is an extreme sport and you still turn around and give me the ‘I expect you to be sympathetic talk because I broke my leg and I’m horrified that I got injured because I’m hardcore and never get hurt ’. Oh and ohno! Your can’t race your next race… Hate to break it to yah buddy but your gana miss a few more.

Then you have the nerve to tell me that the penthrane does nothing for the pain but you’re bombing out on the damn bed and giggling like a lill girl, stop lying!

As for your little fake Barbie girl you call a girlfriend. Don’t think she’s getting in the truck with us! All she’s gana say “ewww omfg why is his leg like on that weird like angle” Well love, that’s generally what happens when you brake a leg.

Get a life, get a real girlfriend, harden up and play a real sport!

As for your little fake Barbie girl you call a girlfriend. Don’t think she’s getting in the truck with us! All she’s gana say “ewww omfg why is his leg like on that weird like angle” Well love, that’s generally what happens when you brake a leg.

Get a life, get a real girlfriend, harden up and play a real sport!

:lol::cry::lol::cry::lol::cry::lol::D

Classic..............

I HATE!!!! The following…

When patients ask how old I am or how old I was when I started… It’s so not reassuring. Or when members say ‘I’ll get Tim, his one of our more experienced members’ But how can a 17 year old be experienced?

Like Tim, I'm 17 and I get this too, and HATE that people try not to swear or say 'naughty things' in front of us, members AND patients, EVEN when they are in massive pain... spend 5 minutes at my school, you think i can't handle a bit of swearing or sex related talk?

I'm not encouraging swearing, but if it makes you you feel better when in pain, go the f**k ahead!

All we ask is that you treat us as someone your own age!

Hehe that’s what I hated when I was a metro cadet. Adults took the whole child protection thing way to far. Oh quick, cover little Johnnys ears the patients going to swear. Personally I don’t swear that much and really don’t care if people swear around me. As 334 said being around school or even the local football club, swearing is such a common thing, it’s almost like second nature.

I recently attended a kids dance party were I had an 8 yo male w/ a # neck of femur w/ possible internal bleeding after he stupidly jumped off a wall (that’s right a wall lol) Well lets just say this family was from a lower socio economic background, the kid had 2 last names because he didn’t know who is dad was. I rocked up, started working on the lill tacker then his sister appeared out of the woodwork. OMG!!! The crap that was coming outta her mouth! And it got even worse when I cut down his jeans! The security ended up pinning her to the ground as I had to back off while she was trying to kick me in the head. Well sorry love but I think his leg’s a tad more important than a already torn pair of $10 jeans. When the paramedics rocked up and we were loading him into the truck the ‘mob’ arrived. Well out jumps grandma (with less desirable teeth) and 3 car loads of kids of which most had alcoholic beverages in there hands.

They were demanding to know why they hadn’t been contacted and why we hadn’t seeked permission from them to the paramedics. So here’s me sweating under my collar think oh great there gana sue me for breach of care. But lucky as it pans out the event organizer had tried to make contact with mum after the older brother had supplied a number but there was not answer. So we were in the clear. But I’ve never, ever heard such crap coming from a 15 year old girl.

It’s the same when you’re treating an OD, in the middle of a pub brawl or treating an assault patient. Learn to block it out or don’t go into those types of situations.

I really should get back to homework now :cry:

• 3 weeks later...

I get so angry with mothers that start pulling their child out of car seats after a wreck. IE... Rolled up on wreck with major damage. I tell mother leave the child in the car seat because moving the child could cause more injury or death. She says "so" and proceeds to remove the child. Makes you want to bring charges of child endangerment.