So what are your plans now? Are you working in EMS currently? If so, what is the process for you to move up to a medic slot? If not, are there any good prospects for you in the area? I hate to see guys work so hard to excel and graduate, only to realise "crap, there are no jobs here!"

Did you earn a degree, or just a certificate? Do you have plans to immediately continue your education?

I currently work as an ALS provider in a split EMS/Transport system. Basically, nothing changes with my job other than one letter on my badge & about a $2 an hour pay raise. I earned an Associate's Degree in EMS Technology. I am going to take a semester to evaluate my options. I plan on returning to school in the Spring semester to start working toward my Bachelor's. Right now, I believe my best option for my Bachelor's would be a Business degree although I have looked into the possibility of going for the Bachelor's in EMS.

Regardless of what field I choose to major in, a Bachelor's degree give me room to move both up with my current company and also laterally if I would so choose to go with another company. Also, I want to start working toward Critical Care as soon as possible. The next goal with my current company is Flight Medic.

Sweet. That's awesome stuff, bro.

Congratulations again, and I wish you every success in your career.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.