how to use a window punch ?

I've never thought about carrying a CPR mask on-duty...

Me neither. But I was talking about first responders.

...our rig is always (per policy) 1 minute away...realistically 20 sec, though.

Huh? I don't get it. How does this "policy" get you a parking space within one minute of the bed in building 3, 9th floor, last room on the left? :?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me neither. But I was talking about first responders.

Huh? I don't get it. How does this "policy" get you a parking space within one minute of the bed in building 3, 9th floor, last room on the left? :?

Well, 1 minute other than when you're on a call already. If someone codes inside the hospital, well every floor has the equipment...

Well, 1 minute other than when you're on a call already.

Ah! I understand now, lol. I thought you meant on runs.

If someone codes inside the hospital, well every floor has the equipment...

And you trust the nurses to have thoroughly checked that crash cart? :lol:

• 2 months later...
LOL. That 5" external spring punch looks like something out of the S&M ideas book... not that there's anything wrong with that. Never used my Smith and Wesson's window punch in the field. It busted plenty in the junkyard, first time, every time.

SW911.jpg

Shayne

So here I am just lurking around and I come upon this thread, I can’t believe using a window punch got three pages devoted to it, but hey, I got 11 (pages) on my silly musings…. (btw I never carried a window punch, rock in a gloved hand works just fine… :D

The trick of course is hit the lower corner of the window, away from the patient. :roll:

But that is NOT why I make this post.

On a slightly different turn, I was given a SAW rescue knife as a present, pretty cool, but not very practical, to its note however, THE BLADE IS SHARP AS ANYTHING I’VE EVER SEEN, hot knife through butter is not a good enough word for it, if you want a knife with an unbelievable blade this is for you.

Anyway, as a side note under the heading of “How to get yourself in trouble quick”, and "DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME!" true to S&W this can be converted into a zip gun, the barrel of the punch is almost the same as a 22 Cal, and the spring lever pulls back far enough to insert a cartridge, flip the catch and bang… :) the punch pin hits the primer smack on, and you know what happens from there. :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.