Hair cuts

I shave my head, not to the skin, but almost. It is allot easier to take care of, and it looks and in the summer feels cool! The only problem is that you don't have the warning that hair gives you. I seem to whack my head on things allot more than when I had hair!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When i first started off in the eighties... being a teenager I had the long hair. I had two problems with it, waking up with bed head (and when ya were on call, ya should have seen some of the looks the patients gave me when I knocked on their doors at 4am :D ), and the simple fact that alot of our patients were getting up in age and did not agree with men having anything but short hair (like so many did back back in their day). They would automatically talk to my partner... and ignore the young guy with the long hair.

I later on ended up shaving it all off for our local "cops for cancer" where we raised $$ for one of our community members whom had passed away to breast cancer in her late 30's, and have kept it pretty much the same way ever since.

In hindsight, I loved having the hair (instead of the now shiny balding look which I'm afraid my never grow back :D:lol: ), yet when I see our rookies come in the door with all the unique hair styles/goatees, what have you... and see how the older people react (takes them a bit longer to warm up to them), I guess I will stick with the minimal fuss, no combing buzz cut I've had for soo long.

A lot of our calls are dealing with those 60, 70 and above, and as much as I hate to admit it, alot of that age group grew up with the short hair for guys attitude from the second world war era... and still hold to their old ways.

Most of my male colleagues who use the "chrome dome" hairstyle hide it under a baseball cap.

I wouldn't shave my head, as, due to my weight, people would expect me to run around, going "Woo Woo Woo", "Oh, Wise Guy, huh?" and "Why soitenly, Moe!" (and dancing the Curly Shuffle)

• 11 months later...

Can I just add that a shaved head SHOULD NOT, and IS NOT limited to just men. I (a young woman) shaved my head 2 years ago initially as a fundraiser for cancer...I've NEVER let it grow back. I cannot fathom a time when I'd want to. I've had to of course deal with some older generation folk being slightly off kilter with me. But with a genuine friendly smile it is easy as pie to put them at ease.

Depending on the guy...it can be sexxaaaayyyy.....and for the record....I'd shave my head. LMAO. It grows back....it's no big deal. It's just hair.

I must be going through a midlife crisis...I'm willing to try just about anything these days... :roll:

If everyone shaved their head, we'd be used to no one having hair. Sure would make life easier. LOL.

(Can you tell I'm a little grouchy today? Sorry...I'm tired).

xoxo

Who did CPR on this thread....it was dead for almost a year......It almost went into auto delete but someone decided to practice CPR

ANyways, did anyone notice Medik * said she will try anything these days....HMMMMMM

ok , lustful thought moment over with.....

Egads...I'm guilty of the CPR. My bad sorry :?

I totally thought it said 2006...before I realized it was impossible seeing as there were future dates in May...

Blame it on being a newbie?

And hey...on the upside...at least SOMEONE is using the search engine rather then just posting the same topic over and over again :D

ANyways, did anyone notice Medik * said she will try anything these days....HMMMMMM

ok , lustful thought moment over with.....

:D/ MMMmmmmm......:oops:

xoxo

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.