Hair cuts

Hello all, like to see what people think of about men shaving their heads. I always use to just have just a crew cut style but my hair grew so quickly that within a week I would basically need to go lay down another 15-20 bucks for another trim, recently one of the guys from my dept. was diagnosed with CA and lost allot of his hair, in support of him a good number of people in my dept. as well as surroundings shaved their heads. After this it just sort of grew on me (no pun intended) it is easier to maintain and much cheaper, however I noticed that I tend to get nasty or surprised looks from some people, does anyone else have this problem, are people offended by this and if so why? what are your thoughts please.Thank you.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the past it just seemed that people with shaved heads were always a "little off the beaten path" if you understand what I mean. In the last couple of years it has become more popular and that no longer seems to be the case. Many people would probably still agree with my first sentence tho! I have learned to judge people on more than that but it a lesson I still have to relearn sometimes. I don't know that I would ever shave my head tho :shock:

You could wear a cap if its in your regs...or tatoo a smiley face on your forehead....

No seriously, I understand the looks b/c I shaved my head for several years. I found the antidote was to keep a gigantic smile on my face when I made initial pt contact. Smile a lot, smile often, and crack stupid jokes.

I guess from a pts perspective you would want a clean-cut medic with no fishing lures hanging from his ears, and no long purple ear. However, I really dont mind what my medic has on his or her head as long as they use whats in it.

If I ever woke up inside an ambulance and I saw a purple hair medic with about 14 different piercings in his head I'd be little concerned as I would not know what is going on in the moment.

My 02 cents worth.

-Dixie

take it from someone that shaves their head every two weeks...i think it looks very professional and it is a hell of a lot easier to maintain and well you dont have to worry about substances getting in your head and such...i have been trimming my hair for several years and i just got used to it...i do not shave it completely if i did that i would look like a circumsized penis...but anyway...if you go to supercuts get a 1 blade on top and a 000 on the sides and back...it looks good and it is one step away from being bald...i just like it alot.

Most of the guys that work for us either shave their head, or crew cut. I am one of the few traditional style left, (trying to keep it ).. It took me a while to adjust.. (sorry no offense; most white guys look like chemo pt.s)

all the Mr. Clean look.. I do understand it is cooler in nature & easier to take care of .. especially late night calls.

Be safe,

Ridryder 911

Of course, I'm going the completely opposite direction...

After shaving my head for years, I'm now growing it all the way out. I keep it under my cap and I trim the sides and back normal. Eventually, I'll ponytail it.

And then eventually I'll get sick of that and I'll start shaving it all over again. Such is the circle of life... :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.