Electronic PCR's

Hey there, here in Rochester NY most of the combination and one of the two commercial agencies are using EMScharts (someone else already posted the link) It's great to use and better yet you can get the file off of a lifepak12 with an added cable and have the EKG and vitals added right in! It's easy to use too and flow is great. If you use thier dispatch software there is way to get the dispatch info right in too. Also for those frequent fliers, the information is stored and it will bring up demos and pmh/rx/alg history, so nice. Oh and there is a laptop or plam based version as well as the online version.

God we are so in the stone age here. We still use the written run sheets for our runs and doucementation on the volley squad.

We send our reports after each run to the state on a computer based program we have in the builiding that goes straight into the state EMS site. I would love to have a computer on the rig that way they would only have to be done once, but that is not in the making for the near future anyway.

Terr

• 1 month later...

http://intermedix.org/

you can either type up the report at the station or you can have them supply you with tablets and do the report in real time like a paper one. the tablet comes with a cell wireless internet card and you can type in the pt's SSN or DL # and it brings up all demographics. they also get alot of money. we love em

also, the tablets are THEIRS and THEY replace 'em if they break. a service near us uses 'em and one guy put the tablet behind the seat when they went to eat, partner drove back and was taller, so he went to put the seat all the way back and smashed the screen. they overnighted a new one.

the reports are stored on their servers as well so you can start a report on the tablet and finish on the computer at the station or home, where ever you have internet access.

also, it faxes the report to the facility as soon as youre finished.

Okay, I'll be the one to ask. What is PCR? In my world it's polymerase chain reaction
Can't tell you how long it took me to get over that. Every time someone said PCR, I'd have just a quick second of confusion.

Don't worry about initials, I usually ask all to spell things out, emphasizing the initials for future use.

Remember the Certified Public Accountant, posted her advertisement on the ambulance corps wall, mentioning she did Electronic Data Processing. EDP. Everyone there was laughing, as in our world, an EDP is an Emotionally Disturbed Person.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.