EMT-B max / min number of cbt questions for passing?

There is not really a min or max number. The test stops when it decides that you pass or fail. It has nothing to do with the number of questions. I got like 60 I think (been awhile so I don't know exatly), and I had a friend answer over 100 or so and we both past. I also hear people with low numbers of questions passing and others failing and the same with high number of questions.

That is just how I have seen it.

As speedy described the test questions are not point based, rather they are weight based. Computer assisted test (CAT) use varying degree of hardness of questions per segment, not all test questions are based upon the same point system. There maybe some worth 5 points then others worth 1/2 point. That is why some can pass with 70 questions and some may pass with a 100 etc....

Usually weight based questions per CAT administers the hardest until you either get enough points right or you miss one. Then an easier level question is given, and so on.

One can no longer "prep" for potential or exact questions, since the test bank has several thousand questions and they are randomly given.

R/r 911

It all depends, if some of those questions were heavy based type or an easier type. That is why, no one really knows until they receive their results. With that statement, yes- logically to assume if you went up to the number of questions required, one probably failed.

R/r 911

is it safe to say that having the CBT shut off after a very low number of questions means you passed?

no it's not safe to say.

I had a couple of students get about 65 questions a piece and they both failed.

If you were asking if like 25 questions and it stopped would constitute a failing grade then yes but you never know until you get your results.

no it's not safe to say.

I had a couple of students get about 65 questions a piece and they both failed.

If you were asking if like 25 questions and it stopped would constitute a failing grade then yes but you never know until you get your results.

I have seen people with 60 or so fail also. Why even worry about how many questions you got? It really can't tell you 100% if you pass or failed. We are so lucky now days because we get are results in about 3 business days. I believe before it was CBT the wait was like a month. NOW THAT SUCKS. I love having the results in 3 days or less. My questions seem hard so I thought I passed, and sure enough the I did pass the first time. That was months ago, but I had a positive experience with the whole testing experience.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.