the "S", "B" and the "Q" words

Q, S, and B words... a jinx?  

94 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes

Ive definately heard about this jinx, but when I was riding as a student, I think that overcomes the jinx. (either that or Im a white cloud) hmmm

What's everyone's thoughts on the "Black Cloud"/"White Cloud" theory?

I know a couple black clouds and seem to be a white cloud so far in my very short career...

Never fails if we have a rider we normally don't run. But me being in clinicals I have had both kind of days I will go to a station and end up sitting and playing on my computer the whole time. Or even better I will be go to a station and I will run my ass off. Depends on the day. I said the nasty forbidden words several times the other day when I was riding out on my medic clinicals and I'll be damned they didn't work. But now that I'm about to go into work and work on the ambulance for pay I shall not even think those words because I know that I will get my ass ran off if I do. I hope that I will have an easy day but I don't even think that will happen. One day I even thought.. Hey this will be a semi decent day I won't be dead on my feet surely.. and my truck alone go 18 calls. I'll be damned to even think those silly words when it's me running the truck.. But trust me I have said it and nothing has happened, especially when I'm the student, but when I'm the tech never fails to work every freaking time.

magical thinking - the effort to control the uncontrollable... One of the reasons we are in this is because we love the unpredictable - love being the ones that call order out of chaos - Kipling's the man (or woman) who keeps calm when all others are losing it....

So while fun to talk about, if you actually track the data - there is no correlation .. and sorry for being such a dip

edit - woo hoo - 200th post :cheers:

For the S word - I predict that every crew member who reads this post will run a homeless bum with yellowish cheese like substances between his toes. You have to take his shoes off due to his feet being run over by a car while he slept.

For the Q word - I will that every crew member will run that illustrious bathroom cardiac arrest with the patient stuck between the toilet and the bathtub.

And for the B word - you will run a MVA with the car in a creek upside down

The rest of your shift will be spent going from one er to another nursing home until the end of your shift. Many transfers in your futures.

There is also a reverse logic that sometimes is applicable. Train and drill for some specific, and you'll never get that as your call.

Admittedly, that is not always workable, as witness the Kansas City Plane crash, where the news cameras caught the aircraft cartwheeling down the runway. They had held a multiple agency drill less than a month before the accident, so at least everybody knew what to do, and not do.

:shock: Did Spenac just brought back to life a thread that has been dead for 2 years??? OooooH the Horror!!!! :sad3: tsk tsk tsk.

I took my own advice and searched for a topic. :shock: :D:D

Now I can freely tell others to search because I did.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.