the "S", "B" and the "Q" words

Q, S, and B words... a jinx?  

94 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes

Okay this is exactly my life!

~ S, B, Q words always start up a bunch of sh*t and at least one cluster f*ck.

~ Taking off boots or in my case, even unzipping them for some fresh air. This also applies to untucking the shirt or just wearing your undershirt. (Remember I'm system status)

~The whole night is toast (night shift here) if you have something important to do the next day.

~ If you are ordering, just finishing or dare I might say lifting the first bite of food to your mouth (and usually this is when you haven't eaten all day)

~ You must study, do your bills, taxes or complete some form of project for the next morning.

~ You have been working or will be working a 36 or longer.

~ Just started a REALLY interesting phone call with your boyfriend (sig other, spouse etc.)

Exactly the opposite happens when you have nothing to do, are not the least bit tired, ate all day etc.

~Ambo

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Yeah saying the S,B,Q words doesn't seem to work around here. But saying the "we haven't had a ---- call in a while "sure seems to.

Getting in the shower seems to set the tones off too.

Yes three very bad words. I've also learned to be careful of what you wish for because when you do all h*ll is guaranteed to break loose no matter what time of day especially after literally 24 hours of zero calls.

And the idea that were not allowed to eat is true, around here the tones are guaranteed to go out in the middle of a meal.

I used all the forbidden words during my FI they didn't work. The FTO

was trying to rent me out to other crews so they could get a break.

After I got my card and started working the forbidden do work. Just bad luck because I like them. :D

• 2 years later...
Never say, of a call type, that "it's been a while since we had one of that type", because, almost instantly, that will be your next call!

A week or so ago just about had to kill my partner. He would joke time for a wreck within the next 10 minutes tone to a wreck. Then he joked we have not worked a code in a while, within the hour we had respiratory arrest, so not full code but darn close enough to piss me off. He thought he was funny popped off we have not gone to the nursing home, low and behold not long after away we go to nursing home. This went on for an entire 12 hour shift, had he been with me the whole 24 I would be writing this in prison :twisted: . I actually started wondering if he was paying somebody to go do what he was saying. By the end of his shift he actually was a little freaked by it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.