Paying for medic school; can't think up a creative title

I did a lot of shift trades, a few sick days, all my vacation vacation, and no sleep. Good luck! as far as paying for it, in New Mexico the department of labor was more then willing to pay for it because it was high demand, might try that, and see if you can get grants by filling out a FAFSA application.

Oh and by the way make the decision to fly, or don't jump. give up social life, and anything fun. You can't get through Paramedic school half ass. Good luck again I feel your pain ;)

I seriously think this is the oldest thread revival to date!!! Over 3 years....

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I paid my way through my first stab at medic school (LyonN, I wish I had known about DOL paying though). When I get to CO to try again it's going to be harder since I'll have out of state tuition... And since I'm 22 and my parents 'make too much money' FAFSA won't help me out in the least.

And since I'm 22 and my parents 'make too much money' FAFSA won't help me out in the least.

Piece of advice for anyone with teenagers do not claim them as dependants junior or senior year so they will have a better chance of getting financial aid. Might even build a small apartment so they even live at a separate residence.

Piece of advice for anyone with teenagers do not claim them as dependants junior or senior year so they will have a better chance of getting financial aid. Might even build a small apartment so they even live at a separate residence.

I've lived on my own since 18 and have not been claimed since then either. Doesn't seem to make a difference at all.

I've lived on my own since 18 and have not been claimed since then either. Doesn't seem to make a difference at all.

Then your parents income should not come into play when applying for money.

Then your parents income should not come into play when applying for money.

I know it shouldn't, but FAFSA still wants their information and it winds up screwing me over every time.

This is the criteria they use to determine dependancy

Were you born before January 1, 1987?

As of today, are you married?

At the beginning of the 2010-2011 school year, will you be working on a master's or doctorate program (such as an MA, MBA, MD, JD, PhD, EdD, or graduate certificate, etc.)?

Do you have children who will receive more than half of their support from you between July 1, 2010 and June 30, 2011?

Do you have dependents (other than your children or spouse) who live with you and who receive more than half of their support from you, now and through June 30, 2011?

Are you currently serving on active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces for purposes other than training?

Are you a veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces?

At any time since you turned age 13, were both your parents deceased, were you in foster care or were you a dependent or ward of the court?

Are you, or were you an emancipated minor as determined by a court in New Mexico or in your state of legal residence at the time you received the determination?

Are you, or were you in legal guardianship as determined by a court in New Mexico or in your state of legal residence at the time you received the determination?

On or after July 1, 2009, were you homeless or were you at risk of being homeless?

Taken straight from FAFSA

Edited by JTpaintball70

• 2 weeks later...

Thank god I dont have to pay a cent to go to school. After six years in the Air Force they tend to pay for your school when you get out. Im in EMT B school in NH now and will work my way to EMT P in due time so help me god.

My advise is find a service who needs medics and see if they will pay for some of the cost.