Passed the NREMT-P written

I've offically passed the written portion of the NREMT-P exam. I'm taking the practical in June, coming up quick. Excited to be done with everything, so I can upgrade and start working as a medic. But I live in lovely massachusetts so i still have the state written and practical, should be done with everythig by mid-july. Such a long process. :o

CONGRATS JC you will kick a$$ in the practicals

Terr

congrats... :o What medic program did you do? I am looking into a few in Massachusetts and am having a hard time deciding

That's easy. Go to the one that is accredited!

Ooops... that's right. NONE of the medic schools in Mass are accredited. :lol:

Congrats, JC! You're past the hard part now. Too bad you want to waste it all as a firemonkey. :wink:

OEMS has the list of all their accredited courses. I went to Massbay, it's a good program, college credits, great clinical sites and ride time. Our program director left right after our class finished and i don't know the new guy too well, but the practical instructors are awesome. I wouldn't do northeastern, everyone seems to look at them but they charge about $17,000, compared to massbays $7000. As for MassBay they have a fulltime class starting in Sept, it's mon-thurs i believe for 9 months, or there is the part time class starting in Jan, it is tuesday and thursday nights until november and then its 3 nights a week for clinicals until april. I did the part time class because i was still working full time and had a part time job to pay for the school, I loved the class though.

I am going to be a firemonkey eventually, but I am keeping my job on the ambulance. My initial reason for getting my EMT was to get a fire job. I ended up falling in love with EMS and i will never give it up. I wouldn't go through the last year and a half to get my medic to go sit in a fire house somewhere and do nothing with it. I am excited about being a medic.