Light Duty

Inguinal hernia last month, surgery a couple weeks ago, still on light duty until july 3rd. I scan all the paperwork that comes in into a computer. I have never worked indoors in my life. This is some mind numbing stuff :shock:

Im 43, I was a roofer for 20years and lifted stuff daily. Now Im concerned, really concerned about re-injuring myself and not being able to pursue this career (4 years in). Anyone experienced this injury, suggestions??

Thanks, Ed

I had an inguinal hernia repaired back in 1990. Other than hurting like hell the first 3 days, I haven't had any problems since my surgery. Let yourself heal up completely. Whatever the doc recommends, follow it. Now that I'm 46 years old, my back can't keep up with the rest of me. Take care.

Shayne

I had an incisional hernia repaired in 2000 (after a botched appendectomy in 1999).

The doc knew the nature of my job, so he said he "put double stitching in it" to make sure it would hold! LOL!

But I've never had an problems with it, lift heavy patients everyday, just know your limits, because your back will give out first!

Make sure you give yourself enough time to heal. If the doc says no heavy lifting for 8 weeks, take the full 8 weeks to heal before going back to work. I think that's where people run into problems, they're itching to go back to work so much, they don't take the full time needed to completely heal.

Take care, stay safe!

Connie

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.