Unusual call ( at least for me )

Probably PID. NRB@15Lpm, B/L 14g with saline wide open,transport hot. Consider Narcan. Pt. may also be CVA/TIA.

What makes you think this has anything to do with pelvic inflammatory disease? Why would you want such large IVs in someone so stable? What are the indications for narcan in this case. I sure don't see any (pupils are even dilated). I think you are a little off the mark here. I'm going with a seizure.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm betting that 8151 was joking around and mocking the protocol monkeys.

At least, that's what I hope he was doing.

If so, it was pretty funny! :(

Temp 98.4

drug screen clean

skin normal color temp

good cap refill

abd soft

prozac 10mg right number of pills based on date filled

no cardiac hx

no tia/cva hx

hx of panic or anxiety attacks

ECG was textbook normal sinus even during the event

No nausea, vomiting, etc

No pain other than the mild headache just before the first event in ambulance

Eyes were like they were vibrating or pulsating very fast

All vitals stayed same during event except the pupils, dilated non reactive

My gut was and is some type of seizure but the rent-a-doc says doesn't meet seizure criteria what ever that means. While we were still at hospital patient had not had another event.

Thanks for all the input. Will try to answer your questions best I can. Will let you know what was finally done when I learn of it.

I'm betting that 8151 was joking around and mocking the protocol monkeys.

At least, that's what I hope he was doing.

If so, it was pretty funny! :lol:

Yeah, must have missed that. Sorry 8151. Now that it has gotten through my thick skull it's pretty funny.

Found out that the patient has some sort of chemical problem per her brother. Patient is supposed to get further testing. Have not found out yet exactly which "chemical" is out of balance and causing this yet. He did not know if thyroid, etc was the cause. He asked if I would look at her paperwork and help the family understand what it is talking about. Will do that and let ya'll know when I know what the doc was talking about.

What makes you think this has anything to do with pelvic inflammatory disease? Why would you want such large IVs in someone so stable? What are the indications for narcan in this case. I sure don't see any (pupils are even dilated). I think you are a little off the mark here. I'm going with a seizure.

One of our instructors always told us to start the big ones on people who don't need them so we'll have plenty of practice when it comes to the people who do need them. He was a pretty good medic...a bit aggressive at times, but he knew his stuff.

One of our instructors always told us to start the big ones on people who don't need them so we'll have plenty of practice when it comes to the people who do need them. He was a pretty good medic...a bit aggressive at times, but he knew his stuff.

:shock:

Um, no, he apparantly is not, in fact, a "good medic". That's piss poor pt care. And if you follow his advice like you listed above, then you are also providing piss poor pt care. What the hell are they teaching you people these days? I'd invest in malpractice insurance at HPSO.com if I were you.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.