Pregnant and Looking for Advice

Congrats first of all.

Lonewolf99 and myself just had our lil girl she is 7 weeks old. I had maternity panels put in on my pants through a local uniform shop, I had to pay out of pocket for them but well worth it if u want to breath. LMAO! I also had a partner who bought maternity pants that were the same color as the reg. uniforms and the company didnt mind along with having her shirt out. It all depends on your company so ask them first then make the decision.

Best of luck!!!!!!!!!

I can't honestly say I have ever worked EMS with a partner who was so pregnant that she was into maternity clothes. They usually find a reason to fire you before you get to that point. :D

We've had several medics work until a week before giving birth. They all took a month or so off and came back to work. My doctor said he will allow me to work as long as he deems me fit to work. I want to work as long as I can do my job and not be a safety hazard to myself or my partner.

just wanted to say I am in the same position as you but in a very less understanding state. it is hard enough to get a job here as a women letalone a preagnet one. my state is a fire or hire state meaning they need no reason to fire you i have hid my preagnacy for five months but i do not know how much longer i can do that! as for maternity most places pay partial or all of your clothing fees worst come to worse i would have a seemstress help adust you current pants you do gain weight but mostly in the belly. i did have a little trouble with my hips expanding at the end though boy i diden't relize they could stretch so far LOL! hope the best for you and yours!

• 8 months later...

One of my co-workers worked up to her eighth month. She had some cheap blue Dickies that she bought from Wal-mart and just took them to the taylors to sew in maternity panels. I am not sure what your uniform shirts look like, but if they are class A's Galls makes the button down maternity shirts on which you can put your normal patches and brass. They are made to be worn untucked and will cover the pregnancy panels in the pants. Our agency made a special dispensation for her slight uniform modification.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.