Pregnant and Looking for Advice

I found out 'officially' today that I'm pregnant. My due date is Christmas-that's lovely. :roll: I would like to know what some of you may have done about your medic pants as you worked during your pregnancy. It would probably get expensive to buy a couple different pairs of pants as I expand; and, just because my belly is bigger doesn't mean my legs and butt are going to get bigger. So, I can't just buy bigger pants, because they will fit my waist but I'll look like I'm wearing clown pants! Any suggestions?

First off Congrats - congrats

as for the pants thing - does your employer pay for them? if so then there's not an issue

If not I'd go out to EBAY tons of pants on this link alone http://search.ebay.com/EMS-Pants_W0QQfromZR40

for 9.99 you can buy several of each size.

I'd go one or two sizes larger than you are now, then 2-4 sizes larger also. you can have a reputable tailor fix them for you.

Or for 9.99 you can't beat those prices.

Scrub pants might do the trick. As you may or may not be aware, they have to be tied at the front, so, ( since i haven't had any experience in this area personally :lol: ) you might be able to get some larger sizes and tie them appropriately.

Congratulations on the new medic!

:lol: First pregnancy is it???

LMAO!!! Isn't her naivete cute? :D

The pants with the maternity panel in them is a good idea.

Unless they are an absolute requirement by your employer, why not just dump the EMS pants and get maternity pants that match? Those wanker pockets are silly anyhow.

Have you asked if you would be allowed any variations? Most employers do. Even the military does. I doubt they will require tucked shirts, so long as you get the tails hemmed, which is standard for maternity shirts.

I can't honestly say I have ever worked EMS with a partner who was so pregnant that she was into maternity clothes. They usually find a reason to fire you before you get to that point. :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.