Jump Kits

tunnelrat83

This is what I have in my Jump kit/Sports Trainers Bag. Might seem a bit much but its all put to good use. We dont have an ambulance at football just my bag and the club kit. Lots of the basics.

BTW I didnt write this out, just copyed and pasted.

3x Dressing Non Adhesive 10x10cm

3x Dressing Non Adhesive 10x7.5cm

3x Dressing Non Adhesive 20x7.5cm

3x Dressing Non Adhesive 7.5x5cm

3x Dressing Non Adhesive 5x5cm

1x Combined Pad Large

1x Combined Pad Small/Medium

1x Dressing Burn Small

1x Dressing Burn Large

2x Dressing Universal Large

1x Wound Dressing 13

1x Wound Dressing 15

5x Gauze Swab 10cm

4x Eye Pad

5x Dressing Cutiplast Large

5x Dressing Cutiplast Small

3x Dressing Cutifilm Waterproof

3x Wound Closure Strips PK 5

2x Opsite Large

5x Opsite Small

10x Adhesive Knuckle Strip

50x Band-Aid Assorted

1x Bandage Crepe 5cm

1x Bandage Crepe 7.5cm

2x Bandage Crepe 10cm

2x Bandage Compression 5cm

2x Bandage Compression 7.5cm

2x Bandage Compression 10cm

4x Triangular Bandage

1x Tape Transpore

1x Tape Zinc Oxide

5x Ankle Tape

5x Fingure Tape

1x Forceps

1x Scissors

1x Shears

2x Sunscreen Sachet

6x Saline 30ml

2x Saline 15ml

1x Saline I.V 500ml

5x Eye Refresh

10x Skinprep

5x Bag Bio Waste

5x Bag Large

3x Em Bags

2x Thermal Blanket

3x Ice Pack Instant

1x Sharp Container

5x Splinter Probe

2x Sanitary Pad

2x Tampon

5x Hand Towels

3x Blueys Underpads

1x Pupil Torch

10x Safety Pin

1x Finger Splint

1x Tissues Pocket

1x Blood Spill Kit

1x OB 12 Pad

1x OB 11 Pad

1x Pen

1x Safety Goggles

1x Pocket Mask

1x Apron

5x Nitrile Gloves Pairs

5x Stingose Sachets

24x Panadol

1x Jelly Beans Packet

12x Mylanta Tablets

1x Ventolin

1x Spacer

1x Universal Splint

1x Bag Adult (BMV)

1x Airways Set

1x Suction Hand Unit

1x Wislock collar

1x Sam Splint Fingure

1x BP cuff

1x Ears

1x SPO2 Meter

1x Thermometer

2x Syringes

1x Cold Spray

1x Deep Heat

1x Tiger Balm

1x Massage Oil

1x Orthopedic foam

1x Ball grip

1x Vasline

1x Stich cutters

Well thats about half of it. Depends on what Im doing to what I have in it.

If you want to have a look at the kit http://www.neann.com/Neann%20PRK.htm

well since I don't live in my response area I carry a limited jump pack. It consists of whatever napkins I got from mcdonalds or Burgerking the other day that are still in the car. I do have a couple of pairs of gloves though.

I do also have a cell phone which fits nicely in my hip pocket - it's used for calling 911 to get the people who have the real trauma/med packs to the scene.

All I do on scene is c-spine, if the car is on fire and the patient is in real danger of being burned up then I do rapid extrication but other than that I do minimal comfort measures and minimal procedures.

I'll do CPR if needed. I usually have a mask but if not that's what other bystanders are for.

I carry one of those Galls BLs xTra kit. I've only had to use this once pulling up on a signal 4 in my POV. We have a full ALS system with a maximum response time of 8 minutes. So by the time I get thing situated, the rig is already on scene with fire/rescue. We are allowed to provide BLS off duty care in our county, but outside I just use my cell phone and say yeah, i gotta a p/t who suffereing from CTDRTF syndrome. Outside of the county I'm legally liable for anything I decide to do. Given I give excelent p/t care but if something goes wrong, my liability insurace i have and the county has doesn' cover me outside of the county. So, there are no volleys in our system and a response time of over 10 minutes is unheard of and would definately make heads roll. How can you guys put up with those long response times?? But one thing is our agency encourages us to carry one, but they dont issue one to us. But we use the agencies supplies to restock. I've used the bag on me more then any other times. I used to work in the resturant business and would burn myself and slice my figers etc all the time.

OK, Niftymedic, I swore I wouldn't do this, but I just can't stand it anymore. I don't know where you get off stating that our maximum response time is 8 minutes or less, and that heads would roll if there was any response time longer. I work for the same agency as you, and I have been on plenty of responses longer than 8 minutes - even for witnessed cardiac arressts. We are just too damn busy with not enough trucks. Please stop making us sound like the be all and end all of EMS. It only makes us sound like a bunch of whackers.

It really makes us sound like whackers when you claim that actual, REAL units responding arrive by the time "you set things up". I don't know who told you that we are encouraged to carry and stock our own bags with county supplies, but I'm afraid you're mistaken. And I sure would like to know where you purchased that liability insurance. I can tell you that the county will disavow you regarding anything you do off duty. Its all on you dude. By the way, you sure do use that CTDRTF syndrome stuff a lot. Do me a favor - if you ever happen to see either me or any other member of my family anywhere, anytime - LEAVE US ALONE!! Do not stop, do not call anyone, do not do a thing! Please leave us for the professionals.

I really am sorry that this post reads like a personal attack, but I guess it is. Its a personal attack to me every time I read some of this whacker crap. We really are a professional agency, with many fine providers. I know this is going to piss you off, but you will gain much more credibility when you stop portraying yourself as johnny on the spot who provides supremely superior patient care until someone else arrives to take direction from you.

As soon as I hit the send key on this, I will probably regret it. Maybe I will even get kicked off this site for publicly printing such an obvious attack on an individual. I hope not, but I JUST CAN'T TAKE ANYMORE OF READING THIS STUFF!!!! PLEASE!!! Come back down to earth and join the human race. Portray us as we are - an EMS agency that certainly strives for the best, frequently falling short, sometimes meeting our own expectations of ourselves.

Take consolation in the fact that all this is really pretty anonymous, and you can always come back down to earth, and no one knows who you really are. If you can do that, I will be the first invite your participation in a professional discussion and quest to learn.

To Admin. - sorry, I just couldn't stop myself. This was just too personal.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, in an effort to buy a small "jump bag", i ended up with a stat packs load'n'go for 80 bucks AU (instead of the 160US its worth - thanks EBAY!) and the thing is just massive - far bigger than i thought it would be, so i have done the only thing i can do, and that is crammed if with as much stuff as i could.

Bear in mind that this thing gets used every weekend, and i dont have to pay for its contents, and when it does gets used it quite common to have to walk 5 or so kms into the scrub and sit there all day, so you have to have a lot of basic dressing with you

8 9x9 combines

6 Triangular bandages

8 7.5 bandages

4 5cm bandages

2 icepaks

12 Gauzeswabs

2 space blankets

BVM - had a pocket mask but after a couple of hypoventialting head innjuries and only 1 oxygen unit to 2 patients, i turfed the pocket mask

set of OPA's

8 30ml saline

4 30ml chlorhex

Panadol

Mylanta

Aspirin

1 stick of methoxyflurane

varies antiseptic/iodine/alcohol swabs about 20 in all

10 10x10 non adherent

4 eye pads

2 20x10 non adherent

1 30x20 combine

B/P cuff

Steth

Thermometer

Penlight

Tweezers

Trauma Shears

Minimag

2 glow sticks

2 micropore

2 elastoplast

assorted bandaids - 50 in all (thats how it came in the box, so i just chucked it in)

Sharps container (splinter probes)

Gloves

Hypafix damn sand based turf)

Glasses

6 or so of those bandage pad combine things

2 forearm cardboard splints - cost nothing and taped together you can do an entire limb

I dont bother with collars cause we cant use them for first aid yet - though we will soon, and besides, at 150 bucks a set they can supply them and then ill use them

Sad thing is that the bag is still half flaming empty and im trying to figue what else is actually useuful and slightly more essential to put in there - for sake of stupidity im considering a tin mug, hexamine stove and coffee

Im such a loser.......

Having said that, this bag is going to go hard when i go camping with it next week

• 11 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.