Jump Kits

tunnelrat83

I use to carry a Thomas Aeromedical Transport pack equipped with everything to do BLS, plus 2 Bags of 500 ML NS with tubing, plus 24 g, 22, g, 20 g, 18 g, 16 g & 14 g x2, start kits plus medications Albuterol x 3, ASA x 1, Benadryl x 1, Brethine x 3, Epi 1:1000 x 3, D50 x 1, Narcanx 1, Nitro x 1, Phenergan x 2, Thiamine x 1, Toradol x 1. My Medical Director also let me carry Demerol 50 mg x 1, MS 2 mg x 2 & Valium 10 mg x 1.

I only carry a pocket mask & something to control bleeding with now because of the liability.

I carry a CPR shield on my keychain, some gloves, and my nextel... (Having a pen goes without saying)

Sometimes, if I'm going on a trip I'll take a stethoscope and BP cuff, maybe a penlight...If I'm real ambitious I'll grab some Kling and some tape.

I will always stop and offer assistance, and do whatever I can...and if I'm in MY service area, I'll call the incoming crew with an update....

I use to carry a Thomas Aeromedical Transport pack equipped with everything to do BLS, plus 2 Bags of 500 ML NS with tubing, plus 24 g, 22, g, 20 g, 18 g, 16 g & 14 g x2, start kits plus medications Albuterol x 3, ASA x 1, Benadryl x 1, Brethine x 3, Epi 1:1000 x 3, D50 x 1, Narcanx 1, Nitro x 1, Phenergan x 2, Thiamine x 1, Toradol x 1. My Medical Director also let me carry Demerol 50 mg x 1, MS 2 mg x 2 & Valium 10 mg x 1.

I only carry a pocket mask & something to control bleeding with now because of the liability.

Maybe liability with using drugs on any old person, anywhere in the country; but the good sam law protects you for providing first aid. Besides, you don't have to tell them you're an EMT or Medic...

I once told someone that I was "Just a first aid kit salesman". :idea:

FDNY EMS assigns both EMTs and Paramedics a "Jump Kit" which has to be stocked to department specs, to carry in to the patient's side. I carry that off duty also, and another one set up similarly, in my POV.

• 2 weeks later...
In my personal pack I keep:

Ears

BP cuff

pen light

4x4's

tape

Pocket mask

Pen

gloves

I keep all this in a fanny pack. While I'm taking vitals my partner or FF will bring in the O2 and whatever else I need from the rig.

Bee,

I like your kit. I'm trying to find a EMS fanny pack, do you have any thoughts?

Thanks.

After the events of recent weeks I need to desperately restock my jump kit, but I have had little time or spare money to do so. Below is the list of what I normally carry (at present I'm down to about half the listed amounts of disposable or non-reusable items)

Adult BVM

Pedi BVM

Neonate BVM

Oral Airways

Nasal Airways

"D" cylinders (1 in the bag, 2 in the truck)

O2 regulators (2)

Adult NRB (2)

Pedi NRB (2)

Neonate O2 Mask (1)

Adult Simple Face Mask (SFM) (2)

Pedi SFM (2)

Venturi Mask (1)

Oxygen Tubing (2)

Non-latex exam gloves (10 pairs)

4 x 4's (200 non-sterile)

Trauma dressings (2)

5 x 9 dressings (10)

Kerlix (generic) (10 rolls)

Scalpel (1)

OB Kit (1)

Extra pairs of umbilical cord clamps (2 pair)

Scissors (1)

Kelly Clamps (2)

EpiPen (my own) (2)

Benadryl tablets (my own) (1 bottle of 100)

Albuterol inhaler (my own) (1)

Aspirin (one bottle) (1 bottle of 100)

Oral glucose (two tubes)

Pulse Oximeter (1)

Stethoscope (2)

Adult BP Cuff (1)

Pedi BP Cuff (1)

Penlight (2)

Glucometer plus strips and lancets

Aluminum Foil

Sterile Water (2- 500 ml bottles)

Burn sheet (2)

Plain sheets (4)

Treatment reports (25)

Pocket knife (1)

Space Blanket (2)

Stifneck Select C-Collars (3)

Blankets (2)

Cold Packs (4)

Hot Packs (4)

Porta-warm Mattress (2)

Flashlight (2)

Biohazard Bags (10)

Sharps container (1)

Ammonia inhalants (10)

Sting swabs (10)

Atropine autoinjector (HELLO- I live downwind from the world's largest stockpile of nerve gas....this is for me only)

Triage tags (25)

Where did you get your sterile water from?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.